+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paycheck

Paycheck

Didn't see a thread anywhere for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by movies-studio.com
    Based on a short story by Philip K. Dick. Ben Affleck stars as Michael Jennings, a brilliant computer engineer hired by high-tech corporations for specialized top-secret projects. Once a job is complete, Jennings routinely has his short-term memory erased so as not to divulge any sensitive company information to future clients. Highly paid for his work, he expects to earn $4.4billion at the end of his latest 3-year project. But upon completion of the job, instead of a big paycheck, Jennings is handed an envelope filled with random objects and told that he has agreed to forfeit all payment.

With his memory erased as usual, Jennings has no way to prove them wrong until he discovers the objects are clues to the puzzle that once was his past. But with Federal agents hot on his heels, Jennings quickly learns that more than just his paycheck is at stake. In a race against time, Jennings must put the pieces together with the help of Rachel (Thurman), the woman he has worked with and loved for the past three years who rekindles his memory of their life together, before the people he once worked for have him killed.
    Genre :
    Action

Starring :
    Ben Affleck, Uma Thurman, Michael C. Hall, Aaron Eckhart, Kathryn Morris, Paul Giamatti, Colm Feore, Joe Morton

Release Date :
    December 25, 2003

MPAA Rating :
    PG-13

Studio :
    Paramount Pictures

Saw it last night, and I still can't quite decide what I thought. I'm a HUGE Philip K. Dick fan, but I'm just not quite sure about Paycheck. It was good, and I enjoyed it, but I haven't read this story to know how "Hollywood-ized" it got. Anyone else seen it?
    If God is a DJ--life is a dance floor
    Click here to team up with FansOfRealityTV to help fight cancer!
    Watashi wa, sekai wo kaeru.

Horrible, Ben Affleck sucks. Nuff said.

I saw it twice this weekend, because the theater wasn't watching what they were doing and burned up the film, so we got free tickets. Since, we missed the last 40 minutes, we went back yesterday. I really thought it was a good movie, much better than I expected after the reviews. The person I saw it with liked it, too.
    Sing & dance the night away!

+ Reply to Thread