+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Movie - Red Dragon

Upcoming Movie - Red Dragon

Opens October 4th

Starring

Anthony Hopkins, Edward Norton, Ralph Fiennes, Emily Watson.

From Tribute.ca

Will Graham (Norton) is an expert investigator who quit the FBI after almost losing his wife in the process of capturing the elusive Dr. Hannibal Lecter (Hopkins). Years later, after a series of particularly grisly murders, Graham reluctantly agrees to come out of retirement and assist in the case. But he soon realizes that the best way to catch this killer, known as the Tooth Fairy, is to find a way to get inside the killer's mind. And the closest thing to that would be to probe the mind of another killer who is equally brilliant and equally twisted. For Graham, that means confronting his past and facing his former nemesis, the now-incarcerated Lecter.

I wasn't very impressed with Hannibal and I'm looking to this movie to get back to the heights of Silence of the Lambs.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Hmmmmm. I am not sure about this one. Maybe if he wasn't playing Hannibal again???
    I don't know.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I really like Ed Norton, but he has some big shoes to fill in this role. I loved William Peterson as Will Graham in the original Manhunter. The fact that he went on to be Gil Grissom just cements his perfection in this role for me.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

This is definitely a "must-see" for me. I love this series!!!!

I loved Manhunter too Paulie.
    I think it benefitted from being much more low-budget, it gave the movie and edge.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Although I liked Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal, I still think Brian Cox was more effective as Hannibal in Manhunter. I would have liked to have seen him in Silence of the Lambs, just as I'm sure I will feel the same way when I see this.

I think Brian Cox was an amazing Hannibal.
    He was far more understated and I preferred the way he portrayed Hannibal.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Cox was flat-out creepy as Lecter. Not over-the-top creepy, just stay-the-hell-away-from-him creepy.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I saw it tonight and loved it! It also scared the hell outta me in some parts. I'm not paricularly fond of Fiennes prancing around his house in the nude (you'll know what I mean when you see it), but he was a scary SOB none the less. I kinda felt bad for him at the end...even though he was deranged. Edward Norton didn't suck really bad, but he wasn't superb or anything. Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal was excellent! There was some great humor in this one. I also loved how it transitions into The Silence of the Lambs. I was so exhilarated once the movie was over!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast