+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Return of the King Discussion **Spoilers*

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Gonna go watch it once again....

Quote Originally Posted by aMaZiN'RaCeGuY>
    Gonna go watch it once again....
    I'd love to see it again. Don't know if the 'rents are gonna let me. They say it's a waste of 3 and a half-hours. Maybe it is, but it's a GOOD waste of 3 and half hours.

*dances* I got to see it last night and loved it!!!!
    Sam broke my heart everytime he cried *sniff*
    I don't want the ocean in my seashell. I just want a boyfriend with a brain cell. Stretch Princess

Quote Originally Posted by haejin11377
    I'd love to see it again. Don't know if the 'rents are gonna let me. They say it's a waste of 3 and a half-hours. Maybe it is, but it's a GOOD waste of 3 and half hours.
    Definitely. I will rather watch a movie than look at a boring textbook. :rolleyes

I was watching TRL just and they were great and so united as a team. Can you all believe they filmed the whole three movies in a year ? And they spent the next few years promoting. That's tiring, but I don't mind doing it...

foolhardy comrade Moon Skin Child's Avatar
    Actually it was two or three years...and they all became really close, it's so cute.

PIP'S SONG!!!! EEEEEE!! I'm such a fangirl, but it's cool that he can sing!
    I was in love with a difficult man.

FORT Fogey
    Oh My God.. I was BLOWN away by this movie! I really liked how all of the characters grew in this final installment.

One of my favorite parts is when Legolas ( ) climbs on the elephant and kills everyone. Then he jumps down and Gimli says "That only counts as one, you know!"

Another one of my favorite parts was when Gollum tricked Frodo into thinking that Sam ate the bread. I loved the way Frodo said, "Go home, Sam." It just broke my heart! Poor Sam!

Something that bugged me though was how that badguy with no face (sorry, I have a horrible memory) died so easily. All Eowyn did was stab him in the face and then he melted or whatever. I thought he was like really hard to kill, but I haven't read the books so maybe it was more drawn out in the books.

I started to cry at the end when Sam, Merry, and Pippen are crying and saying goodbye to Frodo. I hate movies/books like that where they don't give you a complete sense of closure, but I like them too. I want to know what happens to him, but then I also want to make up my own ending.

My favorite character was definetly Sam. He's so adorable and I was practically bawling when him and Frodo were sitting by the lava and he says, "She had ribbons in her hair. You know, Mr Frodo, if I were ever to marry someone, it would've been her." I LOVE Sam.

I wish this wasn't the end!!! I want to see more!! I feel so bad for the actors though. Could you imagine leaving your friends after like 3 years of being together? It must be so hard for them to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkieparrot
    Something that bugged me though was how that badguy with no face (sorry, I have a horrible memory) died so easily. All Eowyn did was stab him in the face and then he melted or whatever. I thought he was like really hard to kill, but I haven't read the books so maybe it was more drawn out in the books.
    Well, the Witchking got stabbed in the face. Pretty fatal if you ask me. It's not like they could have a drawn out combat because the Witchking is much more powerful than Eowyn. You didn't see it in the theatrical release, but in the extended DVD edition, Witchking fights Gandalf and breaks his staff. The whole "no man" thing plays off Odysseus against the cyclops. Pun with "No man can kill me" and "I am no man." like the cyclops saying "No man has killed me" when Odysseus said his name was "no man."

Quote Originally Posted by pinkieparrot
    My favorite character was definetly Sam. He's so adorable and I was practically bawling when him and Frodo were sitting by the lava and he says, "She had ribbons in her hair. You know, Mr Frodo, if I were ever to marry someone, it would've been her." I LOVE Sam.
    I just love Sam. I believe I was crying harder than Sam was at that part lol.
    I don't want the ocean in my seashell. I just want a boyfriend with a brain cell. Stretch Princess

I guessed maybe some more of the emotional parts were edited out. Just had that feeling. Let's wait for a year for the extended version.

+ Reply to Thread