+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Return of the King Discussion **Spoilers*

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Guess no one has any idea, Dex.

Very Proud Grandpa! LoneStarSpur's Avatar
    iirc, and I probably don't, the Eagles were "friends" of another Gandalf-like wizard...something like that. I think they are intelligent, too.

Been too long since I read the books. Sorry.

-Randy
    'And it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive.'
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

the eagles are friends of gandalf. gandalf summoned them with that butterfly-like creature as the messenger...just like when he escaped from saruman's tower.

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    superfly. Thanks for answering the query !

Dex
    Thanks LSS and superfly!
    Bollocks to your pompous hiney! -makerc

There's something that's been driving me nuts. Somewhere I saw posted the words Gollum was singing in the forbidden pool but now I can't find them. Anyone know where they might be? That particular scene always makes me laugh.

I found it. Thanks, y'all.

Quote Originally Posted by aMaZiN'RaCeGuY>
    I watched it last Friday ! It was damn damn good ! I'm addicted... But how sad... It's ended ? ***spoiler*** If anyone knows what exactly happens to Frodo and Sam in the end, can you please tell me ? I don't wanna say out much here !
    You would probably enjoy reading the Appendixes at the end of RoTK, ARG. It tells of what happens to Samwise and the other characters (Aragorn and Arwen, Legolas, etc). It's pretty interesting. Just in case some people don't know anything of the ending, I'll spoiler-tag it.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Samwise lives a pretty happy life in the Shire with his family. He becomes mayor seven different times. When his wife dies, he leaves Bagend and is rumored to have left for the Havens to join the other two Ringbearers (as superfly said).

I loved this movie. I sorely missed a few scenes from the book, but I realize PJ couldn't include everything or the movie would have been 5 hours long. Still, no scenes of
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Saruman
    was fairly strange. But, I still found it to be one of the best movies I've seen.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    You would probably enjoy reading the Appendixes at the end of RoTK, ARG. It tells of what happens to Samwise and the other characters (Aragorn and Arwen, Legolas, etc).
    I've heard that The Silmarillion gives pretty good insight to what happened in the First Age and the events leading up to the War of the Ring.

Hey all you Lord of the Rings fans - Barnes and Noble University is offering a free course on the Lord of the Rings.

Course Description:This course provides an overview of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien. We'll look first at Tolkien's biography, his writing life, the origins of the stories, and their publication history. We'll continue with lessons on each book, concentrating on Tolkien's construction of a mythological world and its peoples and languages, his characters and their development, and his thematic concerns. Finally, we'll look at Tolkien's lasting influence on 20th-century fantasy literature, as well as on cultural movements such as neo-paganism and environmentalism.

Here is the link if any of you are interested:

http://educate.barnesandnobleunivers...2NSZAN&nhid=bn[SIZE=1]

+ Reply to Thread