+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Return of the King Discussion **Spoilers*

Aragorn. Mmmmmmmm....

Dex
    I watched the show last Friday and thought it was pretty good, though not fantastic. Please don't hit me. I felt that the parts that happened after Frodo and Sam were rescued were a bit boring. I know that there are loose ends to tie up, but...

Anyway, like mdrio, miss filangi and haunted lady, my favourite scene was the part where Aragorn said to the hobbits "My friends, you bow to no one." and bowed before them. I could feel my tears welling up (I had to make sure my friends didn't see it )

I have one question- where did the eagles come from? I know one of them saved Gandalf in FOTR when he was trapped in the tower. But where did they originate from?
    Bollocks to your pompous hiney! -makerc

Quote Originally Posted by Dex
    Anyway, like mdrio, miss filangi and haunted lady, my favourite scene was the part where Aragorn said to the hobbits "My friends, you bow to no one." and bowed before them. I could feel my tears welling up (I had to make sure my friends didn't see it )
    Are you kidding me??? I was practically sobbing at that scene! Ok, so not really, but I was on the verge of an emotional breakdown.

I started tearing when Theoden was dying, and after that I couldn't stop myself from tearing up - oh, you know, every 5 or 10 minutes.

Great, awesome, insanely awesome movie. I loved it. I can't wait to see it again.

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dex
    I watched the show last Friday and thought it was pretty good, though not fantastic. Please don't hit me. I felt that the parts that happened after Frodo and Sam were rescued were a bit boring. I know that there are loose ends to tie up, but...
    I thought the ending could have been better too, with more conversation between Galdorf and Frodo, Frodo and Sam. The book seems to elaborate more and some of the scenes could be edited out. Now, I'm just waiting for the extended VCD/DVD version to come out.

Nonetheless, the movie was great! And I will give it 5/5 hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by haejin11377
    Are you kidding me??? I was practically sobbing at that scene! Ok, so not really, but I was on the verge of an emotional breakdown.

I started tearing when Theoden was dying, and after that I couldn't stop myself from tearing up - oh, you know, every 5 or 10 minutes.

Great, awesome, insanely awesome movie. I loved it. I can't wait to see it again.
    How many times are you planning to see it, haejin11377 ?

Quote Originally Posted by aMaZiN'RaCeGuY>
    How many times are you planning to see it, haejin11377 ?
    Quite a few, I'm hoping. I want to see it again with my friends from school, who have likely seen it as well. But it's so good I don't think anyone would mind seeing it again.

Quote Originally Posted by aMaZiN'RaCeGuY>
    I thought the ending could have been better too, with more conversation between Galdorf and Frodo, Frodo and Sam. The book seems to elaborate more and some of the scenes could be edited out. Now, I'm just waiting for the extended VCD/DVD version to come out.

Nonetheless, the movie was great! And I will give it 5/5 hands down.
    The ending in the book was a bit better than the film one, but the movie was PHENOMENAL anyway.

haelin11377 (Merry Christmas, )

My friend's brother has already watched it 4 times.
    My friend is picking up and this week she will be watching it the third time.

Quote Originally Posted by haejin11377
    The ending in the book was a bit better than the film one, but the movie was PHENOMENAL anyway.
    the ending in the film was not nearly as developed as it could have been because of time restraints. i'm really disappointed they didn't have anything from the scouring of the shire.

Dex
    Can anyone tell me where did those huge eagles come from? Those who've read the book?

Thanks
    Bollocks to your pompous hiney! -makerc

+ Reply to Thread