+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 111

Thread: Return of the King Discussion **Spoilers*

  1. #31
    Very Proud Grandpa! LoneStarSpur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas, USA
    Age
    60
    Posts
    590
    34.1 million dollar opening day in the States.

    Wow.

    -Randy
    'And it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive.'
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

  2. #32
    Evil Slash Crazy Miss Filangi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Looking for a place to happen
    Age
    40
    Posts
    11,376
    Well Firegirl, then you wouldn't be surprised! Saturday isn't that far away.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.


  3. #33
    a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Third Star On The Right
    Age
    64
    Posts
    1,313
    I just got back from seeing it and WOW! I'm ready to go see it again and again and again.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

  4. #34
    caught by the window MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    In a van down by the river!!!... watching the Canucks on my 3" TV
    Age
    29
    Posts
    433
    I just loved it...

    HUGE THANKS TO PETER JACKSON FOR ONE HELL OF A RIDE!!

    [[
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I thought it was easily the best of the three

    I loved how the ending dragged on.... after Peter Jackson took us on this three year ride, in the end, I was just hoping for more of the dragging on... it's our goodbye to the carachters, and it was awesome..

    after all of the troubles they went through, I thought it was great to see them in a peaceful setting

    the battles were easily better than Helm's Deep in TTT.... I was a bit disappointed with Shelob, although she did look very realistic

    if one thing was out of place, it was probably the back story of Smeagol and Deagol at the beginning, they could have done without it, it just felt a bit out of place... and they didn't include the part where they were 'interrogating' Saruman after the downfall of Isengard, I really hope that's in the extended edition..

    but this was just a perfect final act of the trilogy, I was thoroughly pleased.....

    the sketches during the credits were awesome too

    when "The End" came up, the whole theater started cheering and clapping... it was awesome

    wow, just, wow.

    a very solid 5/5 from me
    ]]

  5. #35
    Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Where Ricky Martin Can't Find Me
    Posts
    3,234
    I'm seeing it tomorrow, and I seriously cannot wait. Seeing LOTR movies is like a ritual for me. I've read ROTK about 20 times, and if this movie is as good as the rest, it wont dissapoint!

  6. #36
    Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,219
    I'm watching tomorrow too, and it will be so damn packed. Can't wait too !

  7. #37
    Evil Slash Crazy Miss Filangi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Looking for a place to happen
    Age
    40
    Posts
    11,376
    Anyone with tickets - GET THERE EARLY!

    I bought my tickets early, arrived at the theatre 45 minutes before showtime and I still got stuck in the 6th row. It was packed THEN.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.


  8. #38
    DOMESTIC GODDESS realitycrazmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Cleaning toilets in these gloves...
    Posts
    487
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    Anyone with tickets - GET THERE EARLY!

    I bought my tickets early, arrived at the theatre 45 minutes before showtime and I still got stuck in the 6th row. It was packed THEN.


    I bought tickets on Wednesday morning for the 7:00 show. We got there at 5:30 and the line was almost completley around the building! Luckily, the theater they were showing it in has about 500 seats and we got pretty good ones too!

    I am a moderator on the message boards at lordoftherings.net. So, I am a HUGE "Ringnut"! I knew of most of the spoilers and details prior, but there were some surprises: (I don't know how to do the highlight thing--so I'll just warn, okay?)

    SPOILER WARNING AHEAD
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I knew there was going to be no "Scouring of the Shire" at the end, but I thought the harbor scene was a tad bit too long. IMHO

    They did film the Houses of Healing and the scenes of Eowyn and Faramir getting together and was really shocked to not see one minute of it. (WAAAH! Those were my two favorite parts of the book! I cried!)

    I have a pin with Eowyn that I wear to work. (WAL-MART) People have offered to buy it from me and I tell them that the price will go up after ROTK comes out. EOWYN TOTALLY KICKS BUTT!

    The flashback of Smeagol at the beginning was absolutely AMAZING! I knew of the flashback, but I had no idea it would follow his digression into Gollum with so much detail.

    The way they portrayed the dead was way cool too. I had only seen pre-vis pictures of them and it was amazing to watch them do their thing!

    AWESOME! Now I have to wait for the EE to see if they put back in my scenes!


    END OF SPOILERS
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Worth the wait in line. There were ringwratihs, elves and hobbits in line with us!
    If I'd been a ranch, they would have named me The Bar None~~ Gilda

  9. #39
    Wonky snarkmistress Lucy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Playing kickball for the beer
    Age
    39
    Posts
    8,870
    Quote Originally Posted by realitycrazmom


    I bought tickets on Wednesday morning for the 7:00 show. We got there at 5:30 and the line was almost completley around the building! Luckily, the theater they were showing it in has about 500 seats and we got pretty good ones too!

    I am a moderator on the message boards at lordoftherings.net. So, I am a HUGE "Ringnut"! I knew of most of the spoilers and details prior, but there were some surprises: (I don't know how to do the highlight thing--so I'll just warn, okay?)

    SPOILER WARNING AHEAD
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I knew there was going to be no "Scouring of the Shire" at the end, but I thought the harbor scene was a tad bit too long. IMHO

    They did film the Houses of Healing and the scenes of Eowyn and Faramir getting together and was really shocked to not see one minute of it. (WAAAH! Those were my two favorite parts of the book! I cried!)

    I have a pin with Eowyn that I wear to work. (WAL-MART) People have offered to buy it from me and I tell them that the price will go up after ROTK comes out. EOWYN TOTALLY KICKS BUTT!

    The flashback of Smeagol at the beginning was absolutely AMAZING! I knew of the flashback, but I had no idea it would follow his digression into Gollum with so much detail.

    The way they portrayed the dead was way cool too. I had only seen pre-vis pictures of them and it was amazing to watch them do their thing!

    AWESOME! Now I have to wait for the EE to see if they put back in my scenes!


    END OF SPOILERS
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Worth the wait in line. There were ringwratihs, elves and hobbits in line with us!
    I read that the Houses of the Healing scenes would be in the DVD edition. But I don't think they even filmed the scouring of the shire.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

  10. #40
    DOMESTIC GODDESS realitycrazmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Cleaning toilets in these gloves...
    Posts
    487
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    I read that the Houses of the Healing scenes would be in the DVD edition. But I don't think they even filmed the scouring of the shire.
    You're right Lucy, they never filmed the "Scouring". And they have Wormtongue and Saruman killing each other off at Isengard (Orthanc) instead. (An additional deleted scene for the EE DVD.)

    It was also interesting to see that Denethor was going mad without the Palantir in his hand. It looked like just went nuts over the loss of his sons (which is true to a certain point, but the Palantir is the catalyst). I truly despised Denethor from the books and thought they nailed him dead-on in the movie.
    If I'd been a ranch, they would have named me The Bar None~~ Gilda

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.