+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Strange Movies

Repoman ... I just love that movie. I have the soundtrack sitting on my desk.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I think I’ll check out Barton Fink LoneStar, thanks! (Not all of the movies on that “mildly strange” list would be movies I would recommend though, so I hope you didn’t misunderstand. Let me know if you have questions about any of them. )

I have never heard of Straight To Hell Hotsauce before, Eldee, but I’m pretty wimpy when it comes to ultra spicy foods. The movie is a kick in the pants. It has a remarkably entertaining and diverse cast.

Nlmcp – I agree about The Deer Hunter being odd. I usually like odd, but I can’t stand that movie. I’ll never bother trying to watch it again.

Hepcat, I love the Repoman soundtrack too. The special edition DVD collector’s tin has a copy of the soundtrack in it.

I just felt I needed to second everyone that's said the films of David Lynch are very strange. Egads!

I do love the "Lost Highway" soundtrack, though. Probably because it had more to do with Trent Reznor than David Lynch in the first place.
    Last edited by Mantenna; 12-16-2003 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhora
    Hepcat, I love the Repoman soundtrack too. The special edition DVD collector’s tin has a copy of the soundtrack in it.
    Wow, there's a special edition DVD of Repoman? I know what to get my hubby for his birthday! (Day after Christmas) Thank you for telling me, Zhora! So many older movies aren't on DVD.

It's a really cool edition Hepcat. I hope you can find one. They only made 30,000. I accidentally ordered 2 when they first came out, but I've already given the other one away to a friend.
    Last edited by Zhora; 12-17-2003 at 01:13 PM. Reason: a one should have been a three

Sure enough, Amazon.com just shows "out of stock." Hmmm.

Two words. "Boxing Helana"
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Very Proud Grandpa! LoneStarSpur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    Two words. "Boxing Helana"
    "This is the directorial debut from Jennifer Chambers Lynch, daughter of David Lynch and author of the bestselling TWIN PEAKS tie-in book THE DIARY OF LAURA PALMER."

Well that certainly explains a lot.

I haven't seen it, but I've heard about it and it's about as strange as it gets.

-Randy
    'And it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive.'
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Jennifer Lynch was in my brother's class in junior high! He hated her and she had a crush on him.

My Twentieth Century was such a weird, incomprehensible film that the synopsis on the back of the case was wrong. Whoever had to write it didn't understand the plot. I understood it enough to know he was wrong, but otherwise it just didn't make sense.

Hmmm...I've never heard of My Twentieth Century before. It sounds like a challenge. Sometimes those can be fun. Is it worth trying to figure out Hepcat?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast