+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Strange Movies

Quote Originally Posted by kchamber
    For a romantic comedy, Secretary was unusual.
    Ummm, yes. Unusual. I will never look at James Spader in the same way again.

Another movie that was completely different from the trailers: Fight Club - worth a rent, Randy!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

And speaking of James Spader...Crash was a total sicko fest.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Very Proud Grandpa! LoneStarSpur's Avatar
    I've heard of Secretary and Crash. I don't think Mrs. LoneStarSpur would care for either one.

I've seen Fight Club and left me cold for some reason. It's a movie I should like. I'll have to watch it again; it might be better the second time around.

-Randy (thanks for the great suggestions! I like strange, off-beat movies)
    'And it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive.'
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneStarSpur
    I've seen Fight Club and left me cold for some reason. It's a movie I should like. I'll have to watch it again; it might be better the second time around.
    I sort of felt the same way. I left the theatre wanting to argue with the movie. Now I think that was the point. I still hate the ending, but that doesn't bother me as much anymore. The rest of the movie is too memorable.
    Tugboats and arson. That's all I ever get from you guys.

[QUOTE=hepcat.......Another movie that was completely different from the trailers: Fight Club - worth a rent, Randy![/QUOTE]

I liked Fight Club too. I only saw it once but, I plan to see it again.

Has anyone ever seen Freaks? Those were the real people, they weren't made up.

I think Freaks would really creep me out.

Fight Club was definitely memorable...great cast. Will try to watch it again after the holidays.

-Randy
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

I saw Eraserhead for the first time when I was 16. I don't recommend it for 16 year olds. I never saw Barton Fink though, is it worth seeing?

Here are a few mildly strange movies that I'm sure quite a few of you have seen...what did you think of them?

Repoman
    The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension
    Harold and Maude
    Straight to Hell
    Night on Earth
    The Audition
    Motorama
    The House of Yes
    Baghdad Cafe
    A Clockwork Orange
    The Cook, The Thief, His Wife, and Her Lover
    Trees Lounge
    The Piano Teacher
    The Interview

Yeah, Eraserhead is a bit much for a 16 year old.

"I never saw Barton Fink though, is it worth seeing?"

Wow. That's a loaded question. I can't exactly say I liked Barton Fink, but I don't feel that I wasted 2 hours of my life watching it. The Cohen Brothers make technically excellent movies and the acting and script are both top notch. John Goodman is awesome and this is probably his best performance. It's also a very beatutiful movie.

If you can stand a movie which is basically about writer's block and where nothing much happens in the first hour, then go for it. It will make you think.

But don't blame me if you hate it. (The look of the title character is also a nod to Eraserhead, ironically enough.)

I've seen a few on your list; Repoman, The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension, Harold and Maude and A Clockwork Orange. ACO is in my personal top 25 of all time and the others were interesting from what I remember. Especially Repoman. Will try to watch the others. Thanks for the tips!

-Randy

And, yes kchamber, David Lynch is a freak.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Zhora, did you know that there is a hot sauce called Straight to Hell? I tried it and it was no exaggeration. Whew, that was hot!

Blue Velvet was amazing odd.
    A Clockwork Orange was just plain awful.
    Apocalypse Now....I liked most of the movie but it did take a very odd spin that I didn't care.
    Deer Hunter I found odd too, there was something about it that seemed very off kilter.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast