+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Big Fish - 12/12

I've watched it again today. I don't normally watch movies twice in the cinema, but this is so good I couldn't resist. I loved it.

I felt that where Edward turns into a fish when when he dies relates to an earlier part in the movie when he was leaving Ashton and the witch told him "the biggest fish in the river gets that way because he was never caught". Then the closing line where William was saying that the "man has become the story" makes me think that Edward has indeed, 'became' his story, and continues to live on although he has passed. In that way, he has become the "biggest fish in the river"

Makes sense?
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

Dex
    Yup. Makes sense So biggest fish = never caught = lived on forever. So edward dies but story lives on = edward 'turned' into biggest fish. Woah. Lost a few minutes of my life there So does edward's turning into the big fish a metaphor for saying that his stories lived on forever?

I still don't get the connection between jenny hill and the witch.
    Bollocks to your pompous hiney! -makerc

I should think so... I think it's a pretty neat wrap up for the whole idea But I could be wrong.

I don't get the jenny hill thing and the witch too, although i thought it was pretty cool when she was narrating the story, and she goes 'and the story ended where it has begin'. I don't really see the link between the witch and jenny. In a sense, I felt that the witch has a significantly more profound impact on Edward's life than Jenny... but that's just me.
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

Dex
    I was wondering whether they were one and the same person, since she sort of suggested that when she was narrating the story. After edward left jenny, the house became swamped with vines and she said people said that jenny became a witch. William said that was impossible because edward was young when he saw the old witch, to which she replied something that I didn't catch...

oh well. I don't think that's very important
    Bollocks to your pompous hiney! -makerc

I never got round to seeing this at the theatre, but I hear good reviews from oeople who did.
    I think I'll rent the dvd.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Why is no one talking about this movie??

I've wanted to see this for awhile and finally did I think a month after it was released.

Great story, and I would love to get the book. I actually saw a passage of it in my High School Graduation Test booklet

Anyho, I don't think there is a connection between Jenny and the witch. The only connection is that both are played by the same person.

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Frostelized, the movie has finished airing here for quite a long time...

I have yet to watch this one.....its still showing in the theaters....hehe.

I'm sure its a swell movie...could tell by the trailer
    realitytvbites!

That Crazy Red-Head! CopperPenny's Avatar
    If Jenny did indeed become a witch she could have put herself into his past and shown him his death. Just a thought. I def. think there was a connection.

Anyway, I don't know why, but I just cried throughout the whole movie. It was a good movie though.

We saw this movie a while back at the theatre. I really liked it; my husband LOVED it though! It's a really sweet movie.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast