+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "And the Oscar goes to ..."

Jay and Silent Bob (Kevin Smith, Jason Mewes) For some odd reason, I just don't see that in their futures.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidey00
    Just curious, 15 years ago, how many would have said Tom Hanks?
    You might want to go back a bit further than 15 years Spidey my friend. 15 years ago would have been 1988 and Hanks was starting to make pretty darn good movies by then. I think BIG was in 1988 and that was just about the time he was starting to get away from his wacky nerdish type persona (which of course he was in BIG). After that he started being taken more seriously and won his first Oscar just a couple of years later for Philadelphia which was around 1991 or 1992 or so.

But I definately see your point. Early in his career he was just this slapstick wiseass kinda guy. (Bachelor Party?!?)

Re: Keanu Reeves, I like how the last couple of years he is overcompensating with the inflection in his voice when he talks. He is trying so hard to get away from his Bill & Ted accent of "Iron Maiden?!? Excellent" and now he sounds like a ghost when he talks "I am Ke-a-nu Reeeevessss"

Re: Ashton Kutcher, I heard that he was fired from the movie that he was working on recently. Apparently the director was so horrified on how bad his acting was during rehearsals that he told him that he could benefit from an "acting lesson or a thousand". Of course the producers and Ashton's people spin doctored it to where "his schedule unexpectedly wouldnt allow him to continue with the film as planned"

But as Marisa Tomei proved - I guess you just never know who can take home an Oscar. (and that doesnt mean I dont like Maria Tomei, I just dont think her Vinnie performance was Oscar worthy but I was extactic that she won)

Re: Ashton Kutcher...I recently saw a trailer for Ashton in a serious role in a time travel drama called "The Butterfly Effect." It was strange not to hear him say "dude" at the ends of his lines, but the trailer didn't show enough of his acting to make any assumptions. I find the idea of Ashton as a serious actor slightly...unnerving.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

Hmmm...Elizabeth Berkely
    Adam Sandler
    Chris Kattan
    Denise Richards
    I agree on Aston Kutcher; I think fellow That 70s Show actor Topher Grace has a much better shot at an Oscar than Kutcher - at least he has some range and doesn't Punk people.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

didn't Ewan get nominated for Moulin Rouge?
    Nope. Nicole Kidman got nominated, but he didn't.

As for the list..

- Shaquille O'Neal (Even his Radio Shack commercials are laughable.)

- Orlando Bloom

- All Friends actors/actresses

Wow, I can't come up with anyone right now. You all got most but I'll be thinking about it.

caught by the window MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    In a van down by the river!!!... watching the Canucks on my 3" TV
    Orlando Bloom? I dunno, once he matures, I can forsee him being a very good actor

Mariah Carey, Ashton Kutcher, Tom Green, Britney Spears

I can however see Sean William Scott getting one because he is moving out of great comedic roles, Stiffler is a god, and into a little more serious roles.

Can't imagine hearing and the oscar goes to "The Rock".... Also, Jessica Alba... After spending two hours of my life that I will never get back watching "Honey"... I don't think she will get a oscar nod. Or Paris Hilton... she might get an another award for her movie but never a oscar...

Orlando Bloom? I dunno, once he matures, I can forsee him being a very good actor
    Personally, I'm a fan of his but I can't see him winning an Oscar. Ya never know though.

MaryKate and Ashley

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast