+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Upcoming Movie - Sweet Home Alabama

Upcoming Movie - Sweet Home Alabama

Opens September 27th

Starring

Reese Witherspoon, Josh Lucas,Patrick Dempsey

From tribute.ca

New York fashion designer Melanie Carmichael (Witherspoon) suddenly finds herself engaged to the city's most eligible bachelor (Dempsey). But Melanie's past holds many secrets, including Jake (Lucas), the redneck husband she married in high school, who refuses to divorce her. Bound and determined to end their contentious relationship once and for all, Melanie sneaks back home to Alabama to confront her past, only to discover that you can take the girl out of the South, but you can never take the South out of the girl.

This looks as though it will be a very sweet movie, in the mold of Reese's latest releases.
    "That's Numberwang!"

This movie looks kind of cute, but I usually wait for the rental for these type of movies.

Me too, or pay per view.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Reese is one of my favorite actresses. This should be an interesting movie, because she actually is from the South and works hard to get rid of her southern accent (she's said before that she finds it impossible still to say the word "ruin" correctly).

I'll be waiting until this hits the video stores, but I'll see it there for sure.

John

I'll wait for video too.
    One note, I find it kind of sad that she says she can't say "ruin" correctly. I don't know, but accents are cool to me!
    Having said that, I can't stand to hear AX instead of Ask, but I don't think that is considered an accent.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

i dig reese, too... and normally wait for movies to hit blockbusters... but i'm thinking of torturing my bf into taking me to this one. it's been a long time since i've actually seen a date movie in the theater. it might be kinda sweet.

and yeah, cali,
    i don't consider ax to be an accented form of ask.
    my hairdresser is asian... totally cute. she says "nest" instead of "next". cracks me up.

roon.

rune.

ruwin.

how DO you say it?

I say roo in.

I saw another trailer for this last night and I think it will be a nice little movie.
    "That's Numberwang!"

i do have to say i think it's funny when reese says, "you have a baby. in a BAR!

and i like the actress that's holding the baby. she was in (among other things) the tv version of "rose red". i find her interesting to watch. and reese... her acting just puts a smile on my face. simple as that. i dig her.

Reese is hot! Dang!

...Anyway, I'd see this movie, but I'm not really anxious to see it on the first day. All the girls I know wanna see it really bad though.

+ Reply to Thread