+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Timeline - 11/26

Timeline - 11/26

[IMG]images/img/co3.jpg[/IMG]
    Timeline (2003)

Synopsis: In the heart of the beautiful and historically rich Dordogne Valley of France, a team of archaeology students and their professor diligently work to uncover the ruins of a 14th-century castle. For Professor Edward Johnston, the project is the culmination of a lifelong dream. Aided by assistant professor Andre Marek, his son Chris and students Kate, Stern and Francois, Johnston has made major strides in unearthing not only La Roque Castle but also a monastery and structures from the surrounding village of Castelgard. But things are about to go haywire... Suspicious of the dig's benefactor, International Technology Corporation (ITC) and the man who runs it, Robert Doniger, Professor Johnston heads to ITC headquarters in New Mexico to get some answers, and while he's away, his students discover a chamber that has been sealed for more than 600 years. Marek and Kate descend into the unstable room, and just before a near disastrous cave-in, they make two startling discoveries--a bifocal lens, which couldn't have been invented before the chamber was sealed, and even more intriguing, a handwritten plea for help dated April 2, 1357... from Professor Johnston! Determined to solve the mystery, the students head for ITC headquarters, where they are stunned to learn of Doniger's new invention--a machine that can actually transmit three-dimensional objects through space. Although he meant for the device to revolutionize shipping, Doniger inadvertently opened a wormhole that leads directly to the 14th century, and Professor Johnston, who had insisted on experiencing the
    discovery himself, is now trapped in a vicious French vs. English feudal war! Can Johnston's loyal students survive one of the most violent battles in world history...and make it back to the 21st century alive?

Statistics
    Genre(s): Adaptation, Drama, Fantasy, Sci-Fi Rating: MPAA PG-13: intense
    battle sequences and brief language Runtime: Not available Theatrical
    Release: 11/26/2003

Cast & Role
    Paul Walker - Chris Hughes
    Frances O'Connor - Kate Erickson
    Gerard Butler - Andre Marek
    Billy Connolly - Professor Edward Johnston
    David Thewlis - Robert Doniger
    Neal McDonough - John Gordon
    Ethan Embry - David Stern
    Anna Friel> - Lady Claire

Crew & Credit
    Richard Donner - Director
    Lauren Shuler Donner - Producer

I'm not sure why, but this sounds totally hilarious.

FORT Fogey
    From the previews it seems like a real crapster, but Paul Walker is in it so i'll probably be going to this one

FORT Fogey
    I absolutely LOVED this book! I can't wait for the movie I hope it is done well!

Quote Originally Posted by firegirl
    I absolutely LOVED this book! I can't wait for the movie I hope it is done well!
    That is EXACTLY what I came here to say, Firegirl! Loved the book. I'm nervous about the movie, as I always am about film versions of beloved novels.... I hope they don't mess it up too much. But done right, this could be a really good movie. The book certainly contains many elements for a blockbuster.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

FORT Fogey
    Yep, I was happy to see Paul Walker in his role. It is always fun to try to cast a book when I read it and this one was hard to do.. I am looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhora
    I'm not sure why, but this sounds totally hilarious.
    The premise of this story does sound a little ridiculous, but the previews looked good. It has a lot of action, and I like Gerard Butler , so I'm probably going to see this one.

I really like Billy Connolly, so I'd go and see it just for him.
    It's far-fethced but I think it looks like fun.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I like Billy Connally and Ethan Embry.... I see they've made the Chris character into the professor's son? Why? I don't know that I like that....
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Saw it this Saturday. I didn't think it was that great. Some parts were very predictable. The only good thing for me was Gerard Butler. He's such a manly man, plus his Irish accent adds to his yumminess.

I would recommend to wait until it goes to Blockbuster to rent it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast