+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Missing - 11/26

The Missing - 11/26

The Missing (2003)

Synopsis: Set in 1886 New Mexico, Maggie Gilkeson is a young woman who is raising her two daughters in an isolated and lawless wilderness. When
    her oldest daughter is kidnapped by a psychopathic killer with mystical powers, Maggie is forced to re-unite with her long estranged father to rescue her. The killer and his brutal cult of desperados have kidnapped several other teenage girls, leaving a trail of death and horror across the desolate landscape of the American Southwest. Maggie and her father are in a race against time to catch up with the renegades and save her daughter, before they cross the Mexican border and disappear forever.

Genre(s): Adaptation, Drama, Western Rating: Not available Runtime: 135
    mins. Theatrical Release: 11/26/2003

Cast & Role
    Cate Blanchett - Maggie Gilkeson
    Tommy Lee Jones - Samuel Jones
    Evan Rachel Wood - Lily
    Jenna Boyd - Dot
    Aaron Eckhart - Brake Baldwin
    Eric Schweig - Chidin
    Val Kilmer - General
    Jay Tavare - Kayitah

Crew & Credit
    Ron Howard Director
    Brian Grazer - Producer

FORT Fogey
    Looks like a really good one, i thought this movie was a horror from the previews, but i guess it's a drama, show's how much i pay attention lol.

Sounds interesting. I hope it's good. You just don't see a lot of good new Westerns these days.

New York City
    I think this one looks so good. Very creeeeeeepy too.

I love that it's a western movie. Like Zhora said, not to many of those being made anymore. I also thought it was a horror movie because of the previews. It has a great story and cast so hopefully, I'll catch it next weekend.

I am SUPER excited about this one; Cate Blanchett is my favorite actress. I can't wait!

On the mat
    The movie itself looks good, but TLJ is the wrong choice for this movie, I think. he makes me cringe in the trailers when he says completely without conviction "she should be scared, and you should be scared too."

He's a good actor, just not right for this role.

I really like TLJ.

Val and Aaron

I usually don't like this sort of movie, but Cate Blanchett is making the movie look most compelling in the trailers I have seen.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Saw it Saturday. It was good, but at almost 2:30 it was too long and I feel Howard could have gotten it done in 2:00 or so.

Not as good as "Open Range", imho, but still a good movie and very injoyable. A DVD purchase for sure.

Again, RoTK has no worries from this movie in the Oscars.

I was hugely unimpressed. It was way too long and was completely predictable. The Indian witch was genuinely scary but otherwise I thought it was a major flop.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast