+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gothika - 11/21

Well this is my first post in a long, long time. I am a new member (was a member here before)

nice to be back and I wanted to add my 2 cents in on this. I hate critics and always have and always will.

This was really a good movie to go see at the cinema. No Oscar stuff but, that's what I think these critics are doing when they destroy the whole thing.

I didn't word that the way I wanted to but, you know what I mean.

They just suck.

I agree about Robert Downey though. He should have had more substance or something - he's a great actor.

Overall I'd say it was a very good movie. I'm glad my friends and I ignored the critics who think they know it all.

A huge to Morpheous (and welcome back to FORT )

The critics are ripping it to shreds! Yeah, it had plot holes the size of the grand canyon, but it made me jump out of my seat
    If God is a DJ--life is a dance floor
    Click here to team up with FansOfRealityTV to help fight cancer!
    Watashi wa, sekai wo kaeru.

Morpheus, i'm in total agreement about the movie critics too. I'd rather hear reviews from regular movie-goers instead of paying attention to the critics' reviews. Sometimes they don't take in account the entertainment value of a movie. As you and Chiro mentioned, this isn't the best movie, but it was a good creepy movie to watch at the theatre.

BTW, welcome to the FORT again, Morpheus.

thanks for the welcome back

One of the reasons I came back is because I love this forum and I would go here when a new movie came out and read what people here had to say rather than listen to the critics. I also think they almost copy eachother. If one says something really bad they all follow suit.

Did I say I hate them? yeah..I did. I like reading their reviews out of curiosity after I see a movie. Sometimes they give you an option to email them and they don't like it when you disagree with them.

Thanks again!

Okay, now I'll really have to get around to seeing this one. Wolf, thanks for the warning about an owl being a pop-out scare. Yeah...I'll forget about it by the time I see it though.

Welcome, Morpheous!

As I recall, Ebert gave it a tentative thumbs up but Roeper was most unimpressed.

I haven't heard many good things about this movie.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12