+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 21 Grams - 11/21

21 Grams - 11/21

From Hollywood.com

Synopsis: College professor Paul Rivers and his wife Mary find their union precariously balanced between life and death. He is mortally ill and awaiting a heart transplant, while she hopes to become pregnant with his child through artificial insemination. Cristina Peck, having matured since her reckless past, is a beloved older sister to Claudia, a good wife to Michael and loving mother to two little girls. Her family radiates hope and joy. Much farther down the socioeconomic scale, ex-con Jack Jordan and his wife Marianne struggle to provide for their two children while Jack reaffirms his commitment to religion. A tragic accident that claims several lives places these couples in each other's orbit. In the aftermath, Paul confronts his own mortality, Cristina takes action to come to terms with her present and perhaps her future, and Jack's faith is put to the test. If spiritual equilibrium is to be regained by any one of them, it could come at great cost to the others. Yet the will to live, and the instinct to reach out to another person for support, remains ever present among them all.
    Genre(s):
    Drama
    Rating: MPAA R: language, sexuality, some violence and drug use
    Runtime: 125 mins.

Cast & Role

Benicio Del Toro -- Jack Jordan
    Sean Penn -- Paul Rivers
    Naomi Watts -- Christina Peck
    Charlotte Gainsbourg -- Mary Rivers
    Melissa Leo -- Marianne Jordan
    Clea DuVall -- Claudia Williams
    Catherine Dent -- Ana
    Teresa Delgado -- Gina
    "That's Numberwang!"

Leia-Jakita-Arendt OnMyLunchBreak's Avatar
    This movie has been getting fantastic reviews and the acting is supposed to be superb. I'm seeing it on Tuesday.

It's already out? I haven't even heard of it until Fluff posted. Let us know who you like the movie.

Leia-Jakita-Arendt OnMyLunchBreak's Avatar
    I think it comes out next Friday accross the country. It's playing in one of Denver's independent theaters so I guess its still pretty small.

I've heard good buzz about this one too. I'll certainly catch it when it comes to DVD.

No spoilers - you can read this message without fear of plot exposure!

Saw this last night. It's very intense! Very good also with great acting expecially on Sean Penn's part. Not a happy, feel-good kind of movie though.

It's a little confusing for some people because the story jumps around in time, so that you see scenes in which you already know things about characters that they don't know yet. You just have to go with it and not try to hard to figure things out -- eventually everything falls into place.

+ Reply to Thread