+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best acting job ever

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilde
    Duly noted Daddio... However, the rest are mine and I stand by them! Especially Tom Hanks in Forest Gump, and now that I'm thinking about it, Tom Hanks in BIG as well!

Excellent call Wilde. I couldnt agree with you more.

I also fee that Tom Hanks is probably one of - if not THE greatest and most gifted actor of our generation, if not ever. He can play comedy from the cutesy roles of 'Big' to the crumungeonly roles of 'A Leage of their Own;, drama from the likes of 'Saving Private Ryan', 'Road to Perdition', he was magnificent in 'Philadelpia' in that he played a dying man without being maudlin or mellodramatic, he can play romantic comedy like 'Sleepless in Seattle' and 'You've Got Mail' as well as the role of a lifetime like 'Forest Gump'. Not many actors - current or of the past - have had that sort of versatility.
    I think the only thing we havent seen him in was a musical. And that may yet be on the horizon. LOL

Olivia de Havilland in The Heiress

I think I have to agree with Daddio on Tom Hanks. He's been very good in just about every movie he's played in, but "Saving Private Ryan" is definately his greatest accomplishment!!!

I'd have to say Holly Hunter in The Piano (she deserved her Oscar, even if she didn't have a single non-voice over speaking line) and Jodie Foster in Nell (and I'm still mad she didn't get the Oscar for that one). Both of their performances blew me away.
    If God is a DJ--life is a dance floor
    Click here to team up with FansOfRealityTV to help fight cancer!
    Watashi wa, sekai wo kaeru.

loved robin williams in good will hunting.

I'm another big fan of Hank's more serious roles as well. My personal favorite though would have to be Kevin Bacon in Murder in the First...I've always liked him, but after that movie I just said "wow" to his acting.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by libra1022
    I'm another big fan of Hank's more serious roles as well. My personal favorite though would have to be Kevin Bacon in Murder in the First...I've always liked him, but after that movie I just said "wow" to his acting.
    That was such a good movie Libra. But also difficult to watch. I took a date to that movie and we had to leave because she couldnt take the cruelty of the prison warden.

I later rented it and even as a tough man I had trouble with some aspects of the torture he endured for simply stealing some money to feed his sister.

Another Kevin Bacon movie that was difficult to watch for the violence was "Sleepers" - but the graphic violence in the movie "Sleepers" was still way, way below what was described in the book.

It is a shame that sometimes some of the best performances are in movies that are difficult to be seen by a mass audience and go under appreciated. Just like Alctatraz.

Kevin Bacon is an exceptional actor and way under-rated.

Sean Penn in Fast Times at Ridgemont High. Seriously. I had never heard of him back then, and due to the low budget look of the movie, I thought he was a real surfer dude they found on a beach somewhere!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12