+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Die Another Day - 11/22

Die Another Day - 11/22

From Hollywood.com

Synopsis: A high-speed hovercraft chase, through a minefield in the demilitarized zone separating North and South Korea, marks the beginning of James Bond (Agent 007) embarking on his latest mission. From Hong Kong, to Cuba to London, Bond circles the world in his quest to unmask a traitor, and prevent a war of catastrophic proportions. On his way, he crosses paths with the beautiful Jinx and Miranda Frost, who become further entwined in his latest adventure. Hot on the trail of deadly megalomaniac, Gustav Graves and his ruthless right-hand man Zoo, Bond travels to Iceland into the villain's lair: a palace built entirely of ice. There he experiences, firsthand, the power of a high-tech weapon. Ultimately, this leads to an explosive confrontation back in Korea, where the mission began.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Statistics

Genre(s):
    Action
    Adventure
    Spy
    Rating: MPAA PG-13: action violence and sexuality.
    Runtime: 120 mins.

Cast & Role

Pierce Brosnan - James Bond
    Halle Berry - Jinx
    Toby Stephens - Gustav Graves
    Rosamund Pike - Miranda Frost
    Rick Yune - Zao
    Judi Dench - M
    John Cleese - Q
    Michael Madsen - Damian Falco
    "That's Numberwang!"

I love Bond movies. I may go see this one, a week or so after it opens and the opinions come out. I've seen a lot of backstory on it, and it looks very good.

The official DAD web site is HERE.

Nev Pierce, from BBCI Films, said: "Sexy, funny and spectacular, Bond's first mission of the new millennium is one of the best of the series."

I'm not a fan of Bond movies so I won't be seeing this.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I'll probably see this in the theaters, though I won't be rushing to see it opening weekend or anything. There are others I want to see first (I still haven't seen "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"...)

So far I have heard pretty good things from advanced screenings....And always is a Bond Fan...Cant wait till this weekend to see it!

Lobester do yourself a favour, see My Big Fat Greek Wedding, I predict you'll love it.

I have heard very positive things about this latest Bond movie, but I still won't go.
    "That's Numberwang!"

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    I'm looking forward to seeing this one, but I may have to go without Mrs. Wayner. Mrs. Wayner has taken to calling Ms. Berry "Hit and Run Hallie"; she's not a fan. Hmmm, maybe she saw my Top 5 list or something.

From the SF Chronicle:

007's off 'Day'
    Latest James Bond picture misses the mark

Mick LaSalle, Chronicle Movie Critic Friday, November 22, 2002

For those of us who enjoy James Bond movies (everybody?), "Die Another Day" has just enough juice to keep the romance going: a commanding Commander Bond (Pierce Brosnan), a pair of decorative Bond women (he gets two nowadays) and some imaginative gadgetry, including a disappearing car.
    But the new movie lacks something, a special something. It's a quality that has characterized some of the best of the first 19 Bond movies: extravagant ludicrousness. Or is it a buoyancy? Or a carelessness? Or a smirky heartlessness? The phrase is hard to find, but we know a James Bond atmosphere when we see one, and in "Die Another Day" it's there only intermittently. Film exactly the same movie without English accents, and it would be hard to identify it as a Bond movie.
    Read the rest of the article by clicking the link above.

CNN was also very non-plussed by the latest installment. You can read the CNN review here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast