+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Matrix Revolutions - 11/05

Very Proud Grandpa! LoneStarSpur's Avatar
    Just back from seeing it...

Revolutions is to Matrix what Aliens is to Alien. Very different, but still good.

Better than Reloaded, imo, with some really spectacular stuff in it. Brenda and I liked it a lot.

edit:
    And there was a 30 second (or so) preview of Return of the King. My God, that movie is going to rock. It just might be the second movie to do 1 billion world-wide.

-Randy

well, let me be the voice of dissension.

I didn't like it. After careful consideration, I wish they had only made the first one. My sister and I discussed it, and the story we had created in our minds we both actually preferred to what panned out. And I feel that they sacrificed story for effects. Not that the effects weren't good, they were phenomenal!, but I wish the story had gone differently. They just seemed to drop too many plot points for my tastes.
    If God is a DJ--life is a dance floor
    Click here to team up with FansOfRealityTV to help fight cancer!
    Watashi wa, sekai wo kaeru.

I think actions scenes are just as important as the story line. The first Matrix had both, excellent plot and awesome "revolutionary" action scenes.

The sequel "Reloaded" had a very complicated plot, which had to be told so that we could get a better grasp of what the matrix is. However, the delivery was boring. The action scenes were too CGI and way over the top even for a Matrix movie.

With "Revolutions", the storyline was lost a little, but we knew that the battle for Zion would take place in this last part, so I wasn't surprise at the amount of action that it had. I was still a little confused by some things, but all in all, I liked it. It was so much better than "Reloaded", but can never compare to the first "Matrix", imo.

oh, and BIG to LoneStar!
    Can't wait to see "The Return of the King".

i'm quite disappointed with this movie...
    it's not as good as reloaded...
    the ending was pretty disappointing..
    it doesn't have a thorough explanation for everything..
    so does the world still remain in matrix control?
    did the real world and the machine world manage to reach a compromise?
    i have no idea
    each time one loves is the only time one ever love...differences of object merely intensify the passion

caught by the window MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    In a van down by the river!!!... watching the Canucks on my 3" TV
    Quote Originally Posted by springkey
    i'm quite disappointed with this movie...
    it's not as good as reloaded...
    the ending was pretty disappointing..
    it doesn't have a thorough explanation for everything..
    so does the world still remain in matrix control?
    did the real world and the machine world manage to reach a compromise?
    i have no idea
    hmm.. both those were quite obviously answered...

***sopilers***

the matrix still exists, as do people in it, and they're still used as an energy source, just that if someone finds out and wants to leave the Matrix, the machines won't try to stop them....

the real world and the machine world? huh? if you mean Zion(the humans) and the machines, then yeah, because Neo sacrificed himself to save the Machines, in return they allow Zion to live in peace without being disturbed... the Architect pretty much said all that to the Oracle at the end.. but then also said he wondered how long the peace would last, so it's assumed it'll break down eventually.. after all, they do need something to fuel the plot of the video games and comic books

Finally saw it yesterday. And I'm way confused. Decent movie, I guess, but I was expecting it to unfold differently.

***SPOILERS***

I still like my idea of the Matrix with a Matrix. In fact, it could still be the case. Blind Neo kept seeing Matrix-like images in the "real" world. And I couldn't reconcile Smith having an influence on Bane unless they were still in a deeper shell of The Matrix.

I don't even think I understand exactly what Neo and The Oracle did to Smith at the end. I can't figure it out.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12