+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Love Actually - 11/07

Love Actually - 11/07

From Hollywood.com

Synopsis: Everywhere you look, love is causing chaos. From the bachelor Prime Minister of the United Kingdom who, on his first day at 10 Downing Street, falls in love with the girl who brings him his tea, to a hopeless sandwich delivery guy who doesn't think he has a chance with the girls in the U.K., so he heads for Wisconsin. From aging rock stars, to a stony headmistress, to a monolingual Portuguese housemaid--love arrives in many forms, shapes and sizes. Here, ten separate--but intertwining--stories of love all lead up to a big climax on Christmas Eve, proving that love is the driving force in all of these people's lives.
    Genre(s):
    Romantic Comedy
    Rating: MPAA R: sexuality, nudity and language.
    Runtime: 135 mins.

Cast & Role

Hugh Grant -- The Prime Minister of the United Kingdom
    Emma Thompson -- The Prime Minister's Sister
    Alan Rickman -- The Prime Minister's Sister's Husband
    Colin Firth -- Jamie
    Liam Neeson -- The Stepfather
    Laura Linney -- Sarah
    Rowan Atkinson -- Cameo
    Billy Bob Thornton -- Cameo
    Last edited by fluff; 11-05-2003 at 04:57 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Not a big Hugh Grant fan, but I might watch it if I get an itching for cheesy romantic comedy and nothing better appears in the meantime.

I like Hugh, especially in this type of flick, my only gripe is that it's not playing in my town this weekend and closest it's at is 4 hours away.
    Sing & dance the night away!

Just came back from this movie. I thought it was fantastic! I love romantic comedies and this one has a few things different than most. Plus it has my true love, Colin Firth.
    Who shot who in the what now?

Oh good greenie, I'm going to see it tonight with my girl friend, the reviews are so bad I was worried but I adore Hugh Grand and Colin Firth and I just have to see them together again.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

This was a great movie! I love Colin Firth so that's part of it but it was definitely an excellent movie .. very funny, British Christmas movie with a great cast. I enjoyed it a lot

Ok. I just got back from seeing this movie with my girlfriend (and believe me she didn't have an easy time getting me to go--I'm not really a "chick flick" guy) but I thought I should mention that this movie was supprising not that bad.

Ok, I saw it last night and I loved it. It was a little confusing at times, and some of the stories could have been dumped but I thought it was a good movie. (Hugh and Colin of course were adorable, wonderful and sexy)
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

I'm glad more people saw this movie. My husband (who doesn't really care for romantic comedies) said "ok it really hurts me to say this but I actually enjoyed that".
    Who shot who in the what now?

It's a little different then your normal "romantic comedy" for example the nudity in the one story line does up the heat a notch. I found it funny, but several other people I talked to about the movie were shocked and dismayed that nudity or that the word "f**K" was ever uttered. I walked into the movie figuring the R rating meant something was going to happen, but I guess several people had no clue what that could mean.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast