+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Movie Lines

I love these.
    Keep 'em coming guys.
    I can never remember lines from movies but I'm enjoying reading your favourites.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey
    " you don't know whether you life is better or worse until it is.."
    My life as a house

" Every man dies, not every man truly lives"
    Brave heart

" I love you, always have"
    Brave heart

" A bird may love a fish Senor, but where would they live?

Then I shall have to make you wings!"

Drew Barrymore to Leonardo DiVinnci character
    Ever After
    Last edited by firegirl; 11-16-2002 at 12:04 AM.

From Steel Magnolias:

Shelby: I would rather have thirty minutes of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special.

Shelby: My colors are blush and bashful.

Ouiser: I don't see plays, 'cause I can nap at home for free. And I dont see movies 'cause they're trash, and they ain't got nothin' but naked people in 'em! And I don't read books, 'cause if they're any good they're gonna make 'em into a miniseries.

From Grease:

True love and he didn't lay a hand on you? Sounds like a creep to me. --Rizzo

The only man a girl can depend on is her daddy. --Frenchy

From the song "Look At Me, I'm Sandra Dee" sang by Rizzo
    "I [Sandy] get ill from one cigarette... *cough cough cough*"

"...And the fact that your guns have 'replica' written on the side and mine has 'Desert Eagle .50' written on the side should precipitate your balls into shrinking along with your presence." - Snatch

Also from Never Been Kissed:

Josie Geller: I have been beating my brains in trying to impress you people. Listen Gibby, Kirstin, Krysten, you will spend your whole lives trying to keep others down because it makes you feel more important, but why her? Let me tell you about this girl she is amazing. I was new here and she befriended me no questions asked. But you, you were only my friends after my brother, Rob , told you to like me. There is a great big world out there and it won't matter if you were the most popular girl, the quarterback of the football team, or the biggest nerd in school. Find out who you are and try not to be afraid of it.

From Armageddon:

Grace: "Do you think it's possible that anyone else is doing this exact same thing at this exact same moment?"
    AJ: "I hope so. Otherwise, what the hell are we trying to save?"

From one of my favorite movies of all time, Grosse Pointe Blank:

"I visualised you in a haze as one of those slackster, flannel-wearing, coffee-house misanthropes I've been seeing in Newsweek."
    "No, no, no. I went the other road. Six figures, doing business with leadpipe cruelty, mercenary sensibility. You know. Sports, sex, no real relationships. How about you? How have the years been treating you?"

"What do you want in your omelette, sir?"
    "Nothing in the omelette. Nothing at all."
    "Well, that's not technically an omelette."
    "Look, I don't want to get into a semantic argument. I just want the protein."

"Looking for a little validation in my life and coming up SHORT!"

"You're a psychopath."
    "No, no. Psychopaths kill for no reason. I kill for money. It's a job. That didn't come out right."

"So what have you been doing with your life?"
    "Professional killer."
    "Oh. You get dental with that?" OR "Do you have to do post-graduate work for that?" OR "Good for you. Growth industry."

"What do yo do?"
    "I work at Kentucky Fried Chicken. I sell biscuits and gravy all over the Southlands."

I love that movie.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Princess
    These are so funny! You guys who are so good at movie qoutes (*flatter*, *flatter* ) - would you happen to know any quotes from "Get Shorty"? It was such a funny movie, so there should be some memorable lines from it!

Might like these modesty!

Harry Zimm: I once asked this literary agent what writing paid the best, and he said, "ransom notes."

Chili: How did you get in here?
    Ray Bones: It was easy. I told 'em I was you, I acted real stupid and they believed me.

Ray "Bones" Barboni: Let me explain something to you. Momo is dead. Which means everything he had now belongs to Jimmy Cap, including you. Which also means, when I speak, I speak for Jimmy. E.g., from now on, you start showing me the proper fu****' respect.
    Chili Palmer: "E.g." means "for example". What I think you want to use is "i.e.".
    Ray "Bones" Barboni: Bullsh**! That's short for "ergo".
    Chili Palmer: Ask your man.
    Bodyguard: To the best of my knowledge, "e.g." means "for example".
    Ray "Bones" Barboni: E.g., i.e., f**k you! The point is this: When I say "jump", you say "OK", okay?

Bo Catlett: You think we watch any of your movies, Harry? I've seen better film on teeth.

Get Shorty quotes, for Modesty:

Chili Palmer: "Whew, this movie business is tough. I might just have to go back to loan-sharking for a while to get some vacation."

Bo Catlett: "Man, I can't wait for you to be dead."

Chili: "How did you get in here?"
    Ray Bones: "It was easy. I told 'em I was you, I acted real stupid and they believed me."

Bo Catlett: "You think we watch any of your movies, Harry? I've seen better film on teeth."

Harry Zimm: "I once asked this literary agent what writing paid the best, and he said, 'ransom notes.'"

+ Reply to Thread