+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Runaway Jury - 10/17

Runaway Jury - 10/17

Runaway Jury (2003)

Synopsis: When a young widow in New Orleans brings a civil suit against the powerful corporate consortium she holds responsible for her husband’s murder, she sets in motion a multi-million dollar case. But it’s a suit that may be won even before it begins--based solely on the selection, manipulation and, ultimately, the attempted “theft” of the jury. Representing the widow is Wendall Rohr, a courtly Southern lawyer with a moral center and a heartfelt passion for the case he’s presenting. His opponent is ostensibly the attorney representing the corporation. But in reality, defense counsel is only the front man for Rankin Fitch, a brilliant and ruthless jury consultant. At a high tech command center set up in an old French Quarter warehouse, Fitch and his team work on the surveillance and assessment of potential jurors. He will know everything about their lives, and strategically manipulate the jury selection process. The only acceptable result is the perfect jury to vote in favor of his client. Fitch and Rohr soon realize they’re not the only ones out to win the jury. One of the jurors, Nick Easter, seems to have his own plan for swaying the panel. And a mysterious woman known only as Marlee contacts both Rohr and Fitch telling them the jury’s for sale to either of them--and that the verdict won’t come cheap. While the case is argued in court, a dangerous cat and mouse game begins to play out in New Orleans’ French Quarter. Rohr’s morality put to the test, and Fitch is poised to cross the line from selecting a jury to stealing it--no matter who gets hurt in the process.

Statistics
    Genre(s):Thriller, Drama, Adaptation , Rating: MPAA PG-13 Runtime: Not available Theatrical Release: 10/17/2003

Cast & Role
    John Cusack - Nick Easter
    Gene Hackman - Rankin Fitch
    Dustin Hoffman - Wendall Rohr
    Rachel Weisz - Marlee
    Jennifer Connelly - Has been mentioned to star.
    Bruce Davison - Cable
    Bruce McGill - Judge Harkin
    Johnny Depp - Has been mentioned to star.

Crew & Credit
    Gary Fleder - Director
    Arnon Milchan - Producer

I don't know whether this will be good or not, but I'm interested enough to see it.

It does look interesting, but I'm going to wait to see what other people that have seen it thought about it.

I'm a little confused by some of the cast:
    Jennifer Connelly - Has been mentioned to star.
    Johnny Depp - Has been mentioned to star.

Are they doing cameos?

I loved the book. I can't wait to see the movie.

I'm just mad that they copped out and made the story about guns instead of tobacco. Maybe the tobacco companies DO control the world!
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    If they changed it from tobacco to guns, won't that change the ending too?
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Quote Originally Posted by spegs
    I'm just mad that they copped out and made the story about guns instead of tobacco. Maybe the tobacco companies DO control the world!
    Dissapointing.

Grisham knows how to craft a story, he needs no assistance from screen adaptors as far as I'm concerned.

I would still like to see this movei, but am now glad I haven't already read the book.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    I would still like to see this movei, but am now glad I haven't already read the book.

Its best if u read half the book then watch the movie and then finish the book. That way u know exactly whats goin on without ruining the end.
    Sure. Fine. Whatever.

I read the book and just rented the movie...the movie, as usual, doesn't do the book justice.

this movie seems to remind me too much of 13 angry men. there are alot of movies like this.
    good theme but they all seem the same

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast