+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mystic River - 10/10 *Spoilers*

Mystic River - 10/10

Mystic River (2003)
    Synopsis: When Jimmy Markum's daughter is found murdered, his childhood friend Sean Devine--now a detective--is assigned to the case. Sean's personal life starts unraveling, as his investigation takes him back into a world of violence and pain he thought he'd left behind. It also puts him on a collision course with Jimmy Markum, a man with his own mysterious dark past, who is now eager to solve the crime with brutal justice. And then there is Dave Boyle, a man who hides monstrous secrets beneath a bland facade--secrets that his wife, Celeste, is only beginning to suspect. As the race for a killer heats up, all are pulled closer toward an abyss that will force them to face their true selves--and will mark them as irrevocably as the past itself has tainted their lives.

Statistics
    Genre(s): Adaptation, Drama, Thriller Rating: Not available Runtime: 137 mins. Theatrical Release: 10/08/2003

Cast & Role
    Sean Penn - Jimmy Markum
    Kevin Bacon - Sean Devine
    Laurence Fishburne - Whitey Powers
    Tim Robbins - Dave Boyle
    Marcia Gay Harden - Celeste Boyle
    Laura Linney - Annabeth Markum
    Emmy Rossum - Katie Markum
    Kevin H Chapman - Val

Crew & Credit
    Clint Eastwood - Director & Producer

The Lost Prophet CashMoneySoviet's Avatar
    I must say, this movie did get good reviews. I may see it if I'm not broke lol

I saw a commercial and it looks great. The cast is really interesting. I'll be watching this one.

Yeah, the previews look really good, but I hope it doesn't suck. I don't really like to hear there is Oscar buzz for a movie that hasn't even been released yet. I'll wait for more reviews from "real" people as opposed to critics before going to see this movie.

The book is soooo good I want to finish it before I see this thing.It was so cool because while filming here in Boston, Susan Sarandon came in my store to shop and my staff thought she was so pleasant answering questions ,but would'nt give any cluse to the movie. Damn.

I saw Mystic River yesterday andI thought it absolutely magnificent. Incredible cast, Sean Penn was awesome. I think Clink Eastwood did a wonderful job Directing, you can tell that he realy loves actors. Other than being a terrific mystery, this film also dealt with loyalty ,family and compassion. Marcia Gay Harden had some of the best scenes. And as I read the credits at the end, I saw that Clint Eastwood composed the music to this gem.

I'd like to see this one too.

Saw it Saturday with my wife. We both really enjoyed it. The acting was tremendous. Good story, too.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

This is the movie I have most wanted to see all year and of course they're not showing it at my local theatre. :rolleyes

I'll have to wait for the DVD.
    "That's Numberwang!"

This movie was both so good and disappointing at the same time...

No real spoiler information, but don't read on if you want to go in with a clear mind:

The acting was incredible, with fine performances put in by everyone involved. But this movie was SO DAMN predictable!!! I thought the answer to the "mystery" was very evident about one third of the way through the film. When everything unfolded just as I thought it would... I found this to be very annoying. I thought maybe it was just me, but I took a quick survey of my friends and most of them found it to be irritatingly predictable as well.

Having said that... I KNOW the point of the story is the relationships and the inner demons, and the acting, and the interaction between the characters... BUT I couldn't help feeling the disappointment.

Anyway, recommended... but annoying.

PS I thought the score was weird and didn't really fit the mood of the film...
    ~M o s a i K~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast