+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Kill Bill - Vol. 1 - 10/10

The Lost Prophet CashMoneySoviet's Avatar
    Welcome to ye olde FORTe BMPEsquire!!!

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    i just saw this on starz tonight. glad I didn't pay to see it, it killed a good two hours but... it drug along some and was too choppy in the editing. the cut to this and the cut to that got a bit in the way if you know what i mean. and why did they blip over her name?

Anyone know when the DVD of the director's cut will come out? Will they combine vol.1 and vol. 2 (plus the deleted scenes) in this version? I would pay good money for this version.

Happyblue - there are rumors that Tarantino is going to re-release the 2 volumes as 1 movie soon (probably just for the arthouse crowd) whether more footage will be added hasn't been established.

After that we'll probably see "the big boxset". If you want to see a different version of the film, try finding the Japanese R2 disc, as the House of Blue Leaves sequence is all in color.

and Joeguy - The blipping of her name is intentional. Tarantino doesn't want you to know her name yet. Also remember this is a love letter to the exploitation genre so he's throwing everything but the kitchen sink in. If you like this stuff, you should check out the films that inspired it. Like the Shaw Bros kung fu flicks, Lady Snowblood, and Thriller: A Cruel Picture.
    No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.

FORT Fan
    I think the first and second volumes of this movie are amazing. He delivers incredible (yes, gory) action in the first, but important dialogue and explanation of past events in the second. Both feel completey different when you watch them - and they still have that strange mix of decades that QT is so good at. I bought both DVD's and I can't stop watching them!
    I heard that QT wants to make another movie in about ten years, where Vernita's daughter grows up and get's her revenge.

Yes, I heard that too. In fact rumor has it that he has filmed footage with Vernita's daughter as she is now so he can use it in the later film, if he decides to do it.

I didn't see volume 2 yet .. but I thought volume 1 was average with two incredible scenes (school girl fight, and the animated scene). Thats kind of how Tarintino's movies all are ... average movies with incredible flashes of brilliance.

FORT Fan
    I didn't know he shot some footage of her daughter, that's thinking ahead! I hope he does a third - I just don't want to wait ten years to see it if he does.

I think Tarantino is going to start concentrating on Inglorious Bastards after he's done with Kill Bill.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345