+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kill Bill - Vol. 1 - 10/10

The Lost Prophet CashMoneySoviet's Avatar
    Lol, well, its mixed reviews all over the place! I think the movie caught us all by surprise from what the previews had shown.

FORT Fogey
    Well i thouroughly enjoyed the film, i thought it was very entertaining, but it's definately not a film for everyone.

I'm so glad I read this thread. I have a hard time with the gore...I think I'll have to skip it.

How many minutes long do you think it would be if they show it on regular network TV some day? How much would they have to edit out? Just curious.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

They might have to edit out the best fight scene in the movie, with O-Ren Ishii's personal army!

I saw this movie last Friday. I was highly disappointed. I can handle gore, but this got to the point where it was laughable. I mean decapatations with blood pouring out like it's a sprinkler? Not for me.

And the gore actually covers up what I thought wasn't very good acting by Vivica Fox and Uma Thurman.

The last fight scene is probably the best part, but I found the overall movie to be very disappointing and slow. Give me Pulp Fiction anyday.

Also, at least 5 people walked out of the movie theater, and when the movie ended there was some applause. So I think you either love it or hate it.
    Who shot who in the what now?

Hug me!
    All I can say is.. I need to get a sword like that.
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

I loved the movie! I purposely stayed away from trailers, ads, interviews and reviews because I didn't want it to be ruined. I have seen all of Quentin's films and read all of his scripts, so I had a feeling of what to expect from this movie. After the first 10-15 minutes, I knew that this movie was only loosely bound in reality and started seeing it as comicbook-like in nature. I must have been with a Quentin-loving crowd, because the majority of us were laughing at many parts. I know that this movie was supposed to only be one long film, but I loved the way they ended it!
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

Rab
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    How many minutes long do you think it would be if they show it on regular network TV some day? How much would they have to edit out? Just curious.
    They would probably have less than a half hour of the movie if all the gory scenes were cut out. Yes it's that violent.

"Do you want to screw me?" - Gogo

Quote Originally Posted by melpepinla
    I loved the movie! I purposely stayed away from trailers, ads, interviews and reviews because I didn't want it to be ruined. I have seen all of Quentin's films and read all of his scripts, so I had a feeling of what to expect from this movie. After the first 10-15 minutes, I knew that this movie was only loosely bound in reality and started seeing it as comicbook-like in nature. I must have been with a Quentin-loving crowd, because the majority of us were laughing at many parts. I know that this movie was supposed to only be one long film, but I loved the way they ended it!
    Its two movies.
    The next one is coming out on February 20th, 2004. Can't wait to see how she kills Budd, Bill, and Elle Driver

Quote Originally Posted by CashMoneySoviet
    I loved this movie. Whoa. It was good, the music was great, the fight scenes were great, the overall layout was great, the end was great. What a huge cliffhanger! Really, the only problem I had with the movie, was the fact that blood showered everywhere
    CMS, just out of curiosity, why are you watching R-rated movies at your age (14 years old)? How do you get into the theaters?
    Paintin' the Town Blue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast