+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kill Bill - Vol. 1 - 10/10

The Lost Prophet CashMoneySoviet's Avatar
    I'm seeing it matinee tomorrow. I'll tell you all about it!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by holiday
    It sucks that it's realeased as two parts but have you read the script? It's all chapters and there are a couple good places where part 1 can end and part 2 easily start, and besides, we only have to wait 4 monthes till part 2 comes out!
    Yeah, I read the script months ago. I thought the episodic nature of the script was a problem, not a strength. Maybe that's just one of the many homages I'm not going to get. But just because a movie can be split is absolutely no reason that it should be split. Since this decision was made so late in production we have weird things going on like Michael Madsen getting the 2nd most prominent picture on a poster, and then barely appearing in this movie because his character's "chapter" isn't until Vol. 2. I'm afraid if Kill Bill combines for a big success, studios will start encouraging scripts to be written this way. They'll make them so they're splittable, so if it's got enough hype before release they can double their profit. If the hype's not so good, they'll just keep it as one film.
    Tugboats and arson. That's all I ever get from you guys.

It actually does a lot more than double the profit.

Movie studios like producing movies that fit nicely into the 1 1/2 - 2 hour range so they can fit many more showtimes into a day of business. More people through the doors in a day means more buckaroos. That's why it's so common for the release of directors' cuts once the movie goes into DVD release. Directors are often forced to cut, cut, cut to get the time down for theatrical releases. Sad.

I would rather see the whole movie in two parts than miss out on the director's vision.

I guess I am the first to report on this movie....
    WELL

*SPOILERS*

I saw this w/ 2 roomates and they BOTH walked out on this movie beacuse of the shock bloodfest gore arama Kill Bill has. If the movie did NOT show the slicing and dicing then it would obviously looked like a Matrix movie. Pulp Fiction had the shock value there but tame in comparison to KB. There were a few funny moments when Thruman spanks the last guy who looks like a kid and w/ her sword.
    Give me Pulp or JB anyday but I will pass on seeing KB again, sorry.

SPOILER END

Can you like private message me about like, why it was so bad?

Rab
    Quote Originally Posted by CashMoneySoviet
    Can you like private message me about like, why it was so bad?
    Better yet I could explain it here. It wasn't bad as a movie but dang if you pass out at the site of blood THIS MOVIE IS NOT FOR YOU. The commercials made Kill Bill look innocent but I had to sit in my seat with my hands over my mouth to keep from gagging when limbs started flying.

It's only bad if you're not a fan of gore. Resident Evil is nothing compared to this movie. It's good if you like action and don't mind women having their arms chopped off lol. The anime sequence was a nice touch too.

A vampire/zombie movie like Resident Evil/Blade the gore content is expected. Kill Bill just took me by suprise.

Well, like some of you, I was totally taken aback by the non-stop violence of this movie. There were many times that I had to turn away because I couldn't bare to see some of the brutality. I've watched horror and violent movies before, but from the very second this movie started, it had a brutal killing in almost every scene. There were limbs flying off constantly!!!!

There were a few laughable moments, but not enough to off-set the blood mayhem. My friend whose into violent/action movies liked it, but even he commented on how much gore the movie had.
    I wish I hadn't seen it.

I loved this movie. Whoa. It was good, the music was great, the fight scenes were great, the overall layout was great, the end was great. What a huge cliffhanger! Really, the only problem I had with the movie, was the fact that blood showered everywhere

Don't Worry It's Just Me! falloutbey's Avatar
    I saw this movie today, and can I say I was deeply dissapointed? The previews make it out to be a total fight movie (sorta matrix, but real) and with my ignorance, it was nothing like I expected. I'll try to not to post spoilers. But anyways, to be honest the fighting only accured at the beginning and the end.. the rest was just a bunch of weird plot. I just didn't get it I guess. The carton sequence in the movie? I was like rolling my eyes.. I've seen Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs so I know that Quentin Tarantino's movies are off beat, but this was way off beat. Don't get me wrong, the fight scenes are really good. But the slowness, morbibness, and weirdness of the movie was a bit much for me. I was preparing myself for the cliff hanger so I wouldn't be dissapointed and I wasn't. The acting was really good and the fighting was really good. The blood was stupid. But I think this could be enjoyable to some people... people that really like off beat gorey comedies.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast