+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chronicles of Narnia/ The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe

FORT Fogey

Chronicles of Narnia/ The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe

Don't know if anyone has posted this yet but for all of us who were wishing they would make these books into a film looks like they are doing just that!!

http://www.presqaco.host.sk/news/narnia.html
    New Zealand Television News Show Holmes featured an article on The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, which is set to filmed in Hobsonville, Auckland.

New Zealand Director Andrew Adamson of Shrek fame will be filming almost all of the film at the Hobsonville Airbase and the Defence Quarters located there. The South Island will give up its identity of Middle Earth, as it will be the new star of Narnia.

The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe will feature a largely American cast and production is to start sometime next year, with a December 2005 release for the USA and New Zealand. Surprisingly enough, Peter Jackson's King Kong will be released in cinemas also in December 2005 - so there will be two New Zealand epics battling off!

The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe will be the second US film to qualify for the New Zealand government's new film grants scheme. The first film to qualify was Boogeyman, a horror movie from the producer of Spider-Man, Sam Raimi.

Special Effects Studio WETA, who have done all effects for the Lord of the Rings Trilogy will do effects for both King Kong and The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe.

Have you guys seen this preview/featurette thing about the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe? One of my friends just sent me the link:

http://www.narniaweb.com/news.asp?id=157&dl=1677545

It looks awesome! They are really paying attention to detail and I think that is going to make a huge difference with this movie. Anyone else excited to see it?? I don't know too much about the movie yet, but I'll see if I can get any more info on the casting, etc.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Thanks for sharing this. I love the Chronicles of Narnia (far more than LOTR), and this movie looks ultra high-budget compared to the cartoon and 1988 BBC TV adaptations I've seen. As long as they don't upset the story too much... I should reread the series to prepare! *dorkfest*

*joins Salome in dorkitude* I loved these books as a child, and am definitely looking forward to seeing a big-screen adaption of it!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I saw the original "Lion, Witch & The Wardrobe" movie years ago when I was a little girl at a summer camp. Don't remember anything about it so I can't wait for this. I don't think I've ever read these books.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I'm so glad you guys liked that clip! I am really excited for this movie to come out. I used to love the books and just started rereading them last weekend. I read some set reports and interviews and couldn't remember a lot of the details of the stories, so I figured I should reread them. I remember the old BBC version of the movies, but those were sort of lame and I think these are going to be way better.

If you are interested in this movie, you should check out these interviews... Very cool!

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=6336
    http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=6337

Enjoy!

Benjamin Franklin.

I hope that they eventually do all of the books in the Chronicles of Narnia series --- as long as they do them well.

Speaking of the BBC version in 2000 I went and saw the Royal Shakespeare production of The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe and Peter was played by the same person who played him in the BBC version. That was one excellent production.

I just hope the movie was as enjoyable as the book, *crosses fingers and hopes it would be another lord of the rings*. But i wander who the casts will be ..

Oh, I'm nervous. I read these books SO much as a kid (and still. ) that I have very definite pictures in my mind about what everything looks like.
    Still, I'd go see this, and I hope they do a good job of it.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

I agree with you guys - I love these books and want to see them done justice. Based on what I have seen and read, I think they will though. They are paying really close attention to every detail and I think that will make the difference between a good movie and a kick ass one.

Benjamin Franklin.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast