+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Out of Time - 10/03

Out of Time - 10/03

Out of Time (2003)
    Synopsis: Suppose everything you knew--everything you trusted --became a lie. For Matt Lee Whitlock, that nightmare has become a reality. Matt is the chief of police in small Banyan Key, Florida. A hardworking man who's good at his job, he's respected by his peers and beloved by his community. But when Banyan Key is shocked by a brutal double homicide, Matt starts his investigation--and his life starts to unravel. As details of the case begin to surface, all of the evidence points to Matt as the prime suspect. Now with the investigation in full swing and several people working the case, Matt finds himself in a race against time to solve the murders before others uncover the clues he's finding and he himself falls under suspicion. He has to stay a few steps ahead of his own police force and everyone he's trusted in order to clear his name and uncover the horrifying truth. It becomes all too apparent that the truth is on Matt's side--time, however, is not.

Statistics
    Genre(s): Thriller Rating: MPAA PG-13: for sexual content, violence and some
    language. Runtime: 105 mins. Theatrical Release: 10/03/2003

Cast & Role
    Denzel Washington - Matt Lee Whitlock
    Eva Mendes - Alex Diaz Whitlock
    Sanaa Lathan - Ann Merai Harrison
    Dean Cain - Chris Harrison
    John Billingsley - Chae
    Robert Baker -Tony Dalton
    Alex Carter - Cabot
    Antoni Corone - Deputy Baste

Crew & credit
    Carl Franklin - Director
    Neal H Moritz - Producer

This one looks like a good story, and Denzel is the leading man. I might check it out.

I agree Wolf, it sounds good. I hadn't heard of this one yet. Thanks for the heads up.

It's getting bad reviews. They're saying Denzel's character is an idiot, and that Denzel should never, ever try to play an idiot.

I thought it was great. Denzel's character makes a mistake, but I certainly wouldn't use idiot as a description for the role. The first 15 minutes were a little slow, but the film built from there and included both some suspensful and comedic moments. I also saw "Under the Tuscan Sun" this past weekend, but would recommend the Denzel movie instead.
    Sing & dance the night away!

+ Reply to Thread