+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - release date 11/15

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - release date 11/15

[IMG]images/user/potter.bmp[/IMG]

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
    Harry Potter has not had a good summer. Not only has he had to put up with his overbearing Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon Dursley and their dread of his magical abilities, but it seems as if Harry's best friends Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger have forgotten him as they haven't replied to a single one of his letters. Then, suddenly and mysteriously, house-elf Dobby appears in Harry's bedroom and warns him of great danger if he should attempt to return to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. But despite the elf's mischievous efforts to thwart Harry's return to school, the ever determined Harry is rescued from the Dursley's dreary clutches by Ron and his brothers and whisked into the warmth of the Weasley household. Upon arriving at Hogwarts, Harry finds that his first year heroics have caused him to become the center of much unwanted attention. His new fans include Ron's little sister Ginny; first year would-be photographer Colin Creevey; and most irritatingly, the New Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor, Gilderoy Lockhart. Outshone only by his own vanity, Lockhart craves the attention that Harry shuns. But not even Lockhart can offer an explanation for the sinister new terror that is gripping the school.

Cast
    Daniel Radcliffe - Harry Potter
    Rupert Grint - Ron Weasley
    Emma Watson - Hermione Granger
    Tom Felton - Draco Malfoy
    Bonnie Wright - Ginny Weasley
    Kenneth Branagh - Gilderoy Lockhart
    Maggie Smith - Professor Minerva McGonagall
    Richard Harris - Albus Dumbledore

Rating: MPAA PG: scary moments, some creature violence and mild language

I enjoyed the first movie, and this second one seems like it will be pretty good too. I'll just use my niece and nephew as a cover to check out this movie.

This movie is supposed to be geared more toward older (preteen-ish) kids, instead of the really young kids that the first movie was geared toward.

Just keep that in mind if you're bringing the young kiddies to the second instalment.

I hear this one's pretty freaky!

My kids are begging to see this tonight, but I think we will see it next week so that the boil has time to turn into a simmer. We will see if I can resist taking them this weekend. Hehe!
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

My mother and I can't wait to see it. The kids seem to have calmed down a bit since last year, one is set on seeing 8 Mile (not a chance in hell), the other just wants his Spiderman DVD.

If the wizard movie does not do as well as expected, I think it can be attributed to the fact that the new book has not been released. What is that woman doing!? Doesn't she know that she owes us three more books!!??
    Watch out, It's a stampede!

FORT Fogey
    We went to see it today,, just like the first one they did a great job of making it as great as the book.. I really enjoyed it.. I did have to cover my daughters eyes during the spider and snake scenes but the rest was great! Love that Dobby the elf,, and I can't wait till the next one.. Richard Harris will be greatly missed thats for sure!

We're planning to see it this weekend.
    Good to know it's carrying on the great standard fo the first one.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Actually we should probably have pre-booked tickets as I know it will be very busy.

I'll have to take my chances or perhaps book tomorrow for Sunday.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I'll wait 2 weeks to take my niece and nephew. It's going to be pretty busy (and noisy) this week.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast