+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - release date 11/15

I finally saw this movie yesterday. There were some parts that I missed since I had to take some of the kids to the bathroom. I expected this since the movie was long.

The movie was pretty good. I didn't think it was scarier than the first one. All the kids loved it.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    My wife and I saw it yesterday. I've not read the books yet, but I thought this one was FAR superior to the first film. We both really enjoyed the film, and it was the first movie I've seen in some time where NOBODY in the audience made any noise - everyone was completely captivated!

The actor that played Lucious Malvoy was also terribly wicked in The Patriot.

I disagree with Bonker though; I think the kid that plays Weasley is really enjoyable - he has the most expressive face!

I may have to see it again - we mistakenly thought it started at 6:40 and arrived at 6:25 to find it had already started - we got there just as the flying car arrived at Ron's house.

I agree that Rowling does a great job putting together a story. Someone wondered where she gets her ideas. I know some of it must come from fairy tales and legends. As I recall from my early teen years of playing Dungeons and Dragons, the Phoenix is the mortal enemy of the Bassilisk (sp) and is immune to the latter's paralyzing gaze. So that part at least, she got from somewhere else, but I'm glad she stayed true to it!

Very enjoyable film!!!

I too loved the film. It is difficult though as with all books, they have to leave parts out. I would have enjoyed seeing all the shenaigans at the Weasley house, gnomes, Ron's room and stuff like that. I was really glad to see that they included the floo powder but again, that could have been expanded upon

Why can't they just do stuff like this as a miniseries on TV? I would probably even pay for it on pay per view.
    Watch out, It's a stampede!

*shenanigans
    Watch out, It's a stampede!

FORT Newbie
    I think that it was miles better than Soceror's Stone. SS was slow-moving and I got rather bored. One minus point about the Chamber of Secrets is about the Quidditch. It's so short. Hopefully, they'd do a longer version in Prisoners of Azkaban.

Hmmm, I like the mini-series idea Summer.
    I would pay for that.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Finally got out to see Harry Potter Saturday night. I was very pleased. Although many parts of the book were (by necessity) left out, those parts that remained were startlingly faithful to the book. Entire scenes (and lines) were intact, verbatim. Amazing.

I enjoy all three of the primary child actors. Emma Watson, in particular, is very engaging. She and the young actress who portrayed Ginny Weasley look like they're destined to be real stunners, too.

I've enjoyed each book in the series better than the last, which speaks volumes of Rowling's talent as a writer. I'm envious as hell of her ability. But I'm also increasingly excited about each movie as a result of my knowledge of the books. How long must we wait for Prisoner of Azkaban on film? I've also heard that they plan to phase out the young actors who play Harry, Ron, and Hermione. Is this true?
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I saw the three of them on the Oprah show just before Christmas.
    They said that they would be playing the parts for the first three movies but weren't sure beyond that.
    The movies take 11 months to make and they are obviously growing so fast that they might not be able to carry the roles off for much longer.
    I think they should have filmed all the actors parts far any of the movies they're making at once, over two to three years maybe, then done all the camera trickery and editing after.
    They would have been able to keep the actors for all the movies then and not had to wory about the issue of them getting older.
    Rupert Grint (Ron) has shot up in the past few months and his voice is decidedly deeper now.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234