+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - release date 11/15

My husband and kids went to see it, I had to miss it because of work but the kids want to go back again (and again) so I may go at some point. My husband said he liked the whole thing (except the crowded theater full of childern)
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

I was amazed that the children watching were so well behaved when I went.
    Even the youngest seemed engrossed and there was hardly any talking.
    "That's Numberwang!"

same thing in the theater i saw it. the kids were great... totally engrossed.

The guards are called Dementors. I agree...I wanna see those things! I read that Chris Columbus isn't directing the third movie though. It's supposedly coming out in the summer of 2004. That's what I've heard. I don't know how long it'd be though. I wonder how they're gonna deal with the stories' growing length. POA (Book 3) is longer than COS, but GOF (Book 4) is REALLY long.

It was pretty good. That kid who playes Weasley is the worst actor I've seen in a long time though.

I read that rowling wasn't making any more movies since it takes away the kids imaginations when they read the books.

Anybody seen the Russian version called "Tanya Grotter?"

http://www.cdi.org/russia/johnson/6539-9.cfm

While Tanya Grotter is an 11-year-old girl and rides a magical double bass instead of a broomstick,

Huh???
    "That's Numberwang!"

Originally posted by Mdrio9
    I wonder how they're gonna deal with the stories' growing length. POA (Book 3) is longer than COS, but GOF (Book 4) is REALLY long.
    An article I read online said they were working on the screenplays already for GOF and may make it into 2 films, it will be hard to make that one into 1 movie as there is so much going on, but I don't see how it could be split into two.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

What did everyone think of COS. Was it better than the first one? Haven't seen it yet, but I loved the first.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I loved it Miss F.

It never fails to amaze me how she covers every base in piecing her stories together.

Even little things like "Diagon Alley" where they shop for school supplies and "Knocturn Alley" where the lowlifes hang out amaze me.
    It would never even occur to me to take such regular words and change them into places.
    She's so clever.
    Last edited by fluff; 11-29-2002 at 01:23 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Originally posted by shersidhe
    i'm looking forward to seeing the "prison guards" (using that term b/c i don't remember what they are called and i'm too damn lazy to walk over to the bookshelf and see) that suck all the happiness out of the prisoners and harry...
    Sher, I think the guards are called Dementors. I could be wrong. That is just what sticks with me.

I loved the movie. It was long. My daughter actually slept through the scariest parts, but my son was very excited and did not miss a thing. He and Mr. Feifer went to see it again a week later for boy's night out. They had so much fun.

I heard that Chris Columbus is not directing the next Harry Potter, but he will produce it so that the kid/actors get consistant treatment. He has his own family to raise and wants to see them while they are still young.

I cannot wait for the next one, but will miss my Dumbledor. It will be sad not to have him there. I know someone else will play him, but it will not be the same.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast