+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - release date 11/15

My god, we went to theatre to book tickets for tomorrows show and the place was freakin' heaving.

I'll be waiting a couple of weeks before we go to see it as it's bad enough having three little 'uns in a theatre that's only half full.
    We did stay to see 8 Mile though.
    No, we didn't have our boys with us.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I just saw this movie...and I liked it!!! The only complaint is that it was really cut up. Not much really blended together that well, but I can understand. I mean, there's so much in these storylines! The movie was much longer than the lst movie...and it seemed longer too. I'm not complaing though.

I recommend it to everyone, but some parts are a little scary. I jumped once or twice. Oh, and the guy who plays Lucius Malfoy was really good!!

Fluff, I think you'll like it!

I love the guy who plays Lucius, (Jason Isaacs).
    He was in an amazing series in Britain (Civvies).

I'm looking forward to seeing it.
    Thanks for the mini review Mdrio
    "That's Numberwang!"

sc and i are going to see this today! can't wait!

i loved this movie! i thought it was even better than the first one! it was indeed longer, but i didn't feel that it was dull or slow at any point. i absolutely love the kids in this movie. i'm so glad they didn't try to find an already famous kid to throw into the role (i.e. haley joel osment as harry potter). the characters are so well cast. i do have to say i'm going to miss richard harris terribly in the next installment.

FORT Fogey
    I agree sher.. I loved it.. they did the special effects so well,, since I read the book I couldn't wait to see Dobby,, the car and the howler mail,, it was so fun to see it all come to life.. I am looking forward to the next ones but your right what will they do with out Richard Harris?? He IS Dumbledore! This is an amazingly cast group... they all fit the characters soooo well,, I am just going to be sooo sad if the children grow out of their roles to quickly.. that will really suck to have to re-cast them.. even the draco character is great,,

I loved it.

The howler mail was so funny.

I don't know where JK Rowling gets her ideas from.
    She has an amazing imagination.
    "That's Numberwang!"

With all the good reviews given here, I'm anxious to see it now. Hopefully, I can go with my nieces and nephews this coming weekend.

I was talking to the manager of the movie theatre we go to.
    They have a late showing every night, starting around 10pm and he said it's full of adults.
    This series of books and the movies have universal appeal imo.
    "That's Numberwang!"

i loved the books as well. i think chris columbus is doing a fantastic job of keeping true to the books. i'm looking forward to seeing the "prison guards" (using that term b/c i don't remember what they are called and i'm too damn lazy to walk over to the bookshelf and see) that suck all the happiness out of the prisoners and harry... AND looking forward to seeing who is cast as the new professor of the dark arts. i thought kenneth branagh was great in this flick!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast