+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Half Past Dead - release date 11/15

Half Past Dead - release date 11/15

[IMG]images/user/halfpast.bmp[/IMG]

Half Past Dead
    Sascha Petrosevitch is a widowed undercover agent posing as a tough, international car thief. He has many friends on both sides of the law. One of them, career criminal Nick Frazier, has been like a brother to him. One night while on a heist job, Sascha and Nick are intercepted by a female FBI agent, EZ Williams, who, unbeknownst to Nick, is working in tandem with Sascha. Nick refuses to surrender and the Feds open fire. Sascha takes seven bullets for Nick, saving his friend's life, and nearly losing his own. To maintain his cover, Sascha is sentenced with Nick to the newly refurbished, high tech Alcatraz, where inmates are fitted with special implants to prevent escape. The prison also boasts a state of the art execution chamber, which will be used for the first time on the infamous criminal Lester, who's been charged with robbing an armoured vehicle of $200 million dollars worth of gold--that was never recovered. However, intercepting that plan is a group of expertly trained mercenaries called the "49ers," who break into the highly secure prison. Led by 49er One, the group has come for one thing only--to find out where the missing gold has been buried. When Lester refuses to tell them, they begin taking hostages, and it's up to Sascha to rally the prisoners to take on the ruthless commando force.

Cast
    Steven Seagal - FBI Agent Sascha Petrosevitch
    Jeffrey 'Ja Rule' Atkins - Nick Frazier
    Morris Chestnut - Donny/49er One
    Nia Peeples - 49er Six
    Bruce Weitz - Lester
    Kurupt 'Kurupt' - Twitch
    Tony Plana - El Fuego
    Claudia Christian - EZ Williams

Rating: MPAA PG-13: pervasive action violence, language and some sexual content.

Hmmm, I've seena trailer for this on the tv a few times.
    I can't imagine I'll be watching it myself but I bet it will be a pretty popular movie.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Most of Steven Seagal movies are carbon copies of each other, except his character name might change.
    What's even funnier is that I'll know I'll go see it, because I'm a sucker for mindless 'ass-kicking action' movies like this one. I don't even like Steven Seagal.

Gotta love a good Steven Seagal movie when you're in the mood for asskicking, and there's no Arnold movie to see.

I probably won't see it in the theater, though. I have yet to see Exit Wounds, although I want to.

JR.
    Hmmm...Half Past Dead, is this a Seagal biography?

John you need to check out Exit Wounds.I feel that it is the best written movie that SS has ever been in.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'...till you can find a rock.

I had a hard time with it, only because Steven Seagal's going through a rash of "I want to co-star with rap singers" lately.

But I'll rent it this week, and check it out.

Exit Wounds was pretty good, imo.
    I do agree that it's getting tiresome to see him with rapper co-stars. He's still doing that. Ja Rule is co-starring with him in Half Past Dead.

Exit Wounds turned out to be a pretty good movie....As for Half Past Dead, Im suprised that the movie was originally not titled "Under Siege III" or somethin....The movie was awright...Though the pace of the movie has been done Many MANY times in other movies....It was nice to see Nia Peeples but she was hella scary with that "blue eye" shadow action

Thanks for your review BorderE! Doesn't surprise me that this movie closely resembles Under Siege or any of his other movies, for that matter. I'm probably going to check it out on Saturday.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast