+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Fighting Temptations - 09/19

The Fighting Temptations - 09/19

From Hollywood.com

Synopsis: Darren, a morally vacant and debt-ridden advertising executive in New York, travels back to his small southern town in Alabama to attend his aunt's funeral--and more so, to cash in on an inheritance. However, soon thereafter, he discovers that in order to collect, he must first lead the local church gospel choir to success at a national competition. Desperate for money, Darren embarks on the nearly impossible challenge of turning the choir of lackluster parishioners into Gospel gold. In order to rejuvenate the malaised locals, he searches frantically for the best voices in town and finds them in some unconventional places: the county jail, the barbershop, an R&B dance club, and several points in between. Along the way, he works to win the heart of Terri, a beautiful single mother with a voice of satin, who turns his mission around.
    Genre(s):
    Comedy
    Music
    Musical
    Rating: MPAA PG-13: for some sexual references
    Runtime: Not available

Cast & Role

Cuba Gooding Jr -- Darren
    Beyonce Knowles -- Terri
    Mike Epps -- Lucious
    Wendell Pierce -- Reverend Lewis
    Wanda Williams -- Lilly
    Faith Evans -- Maryann Hill
    Melba Moore -- Bessie
    Angie Stone -- Alma
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

Everyone go see this movie, this Friday or i'll hunt you all down Jk, or am i????

It looks like a lot of fun from the trailers I've seen.

Beyonce is really that triple threat they were looking for on Fame.
    "That's Numberwang!"

This movie looks pretty silly to me. Cuba Gooding Jr has been going down hill ever since he won that Oscar. He's been doing a lot of goofy movies. I was amused with Snow Dogs just because the Sib Huskies (I own won) were the stars.

Anyway, this movie is definitely a thumbs down for me. Sorry, Siso.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    This movie looks pretty silly to me. Cuba Gooding Jr has been going down hill ever since he won that Oscar. He's been doing a lot of goofy movies. I was amused with Snow Dogs just because the Sib Huskies (I own won) were the stars.

Anyway, this movie is definitely a thumbs down for me. Sorry, Siso.
    Oh i don't care about the movie, it's just about Beyonce LOL. The movie will probably be crappy, it's looks kinda good though.

Don't Worry It's Just Me! falloutbey's Avatar
    I think the movies looks good. I wanna see it but I didn't get around to it. It opened number 2 this week. Everyone should just see the movie for the music, its amazing.

FORT Fogey
    I just seen the movie, and i can say i really enjoyed it. Everyone in my theatre was dancing it was great! The musical number were hot too. Great movie, you all should go see it.

My wife saw this with friends last night, and everyone enjoyed it. It's not really my wife's "kind of movie", but even she thought it was good.

Based on that, I'd say go see it.

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    I really liked this movie and the music. I'm looking forward to seeing this one again.
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

+ Reply to Thread