+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cabin Fever - 09/12

FORT Fogey

Cabin Fever - 12/09

Cabin Fever

This pic centers on an isolated group of five friends recently graduated from college. Their celebration at a remote log cabin in the woods is crashed by a crazy stranger covered in bloody sores. The group scares him off, but the man made contact, leaving all of them vulnerable to a nasty skin disease. When one of the kids' flesh starts to deteriorate, the rest of the group locks her in a shed, after which they're all left to wonder who's next.

Starring Rider Strong, Jordan Ladd, Joey Kern, Cerina Vincent, James DeBello, Arie Verveen

Director(s) Eli Roth

Screenwriter(s) Randy Perlstein, Eli Roth

Studio Lions Gate

Production Company Black Sky Entertainment, Deer Path Films, Down Home Entertainment, Tonic Films

Release Date
    September 12, 2003

MPAA Rating
    R - for strong violence and gore, sexuality, language and brief drug use

Genre
    Horror, Thriller

Running Time
    94 minutes

Country
    U.S.

Media Type
    Color

I really really want to see this movie! I've been looking forward to it for quite some time.

I'm passing on this one. I've already watched Jeepers Creepers 2, so I've filled my quota for the year of slasher teen movies.

Shawn Hunter is back!! Yes!
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

Pancakes^&!%@$#@!^!#% hahah "Don't sit next to Dennis..."
    lol, k I know this movie was a horror but there was so much humour in it...I was laughing half the time! And the cop..hahah omg when he rode away on his bike. It was a pretty good movie...soo extremely gory(sp?) but it was really nice to see Rider Strong in something other than Boy Meets World.

Quote Originally Posted by starsprite
    Pancakes^&!%@$#@!^!#% hahah "Don't sit next to Dennis..."
    lol, k I know this movie was a horror but there was so much humour in it...I was laughing half the time! And the cop..hahah omg when he rode away on his bike. It was a pretty good movie...soo extremely gory(sp?) but it was really nice to see Rider Strong in something other than Boy Meets World.

The people I've spoken to have either really liked this movie or really hated it. I really liked it. Didn't understand the pancakes/Don't sit next to Dennis thing, though. Can someone explain that to me? And what was with the girl flipping that guy onto his stomach while they were in bed?? Everyone around me went, "what the hell?"
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

I just saw this one today. I thought it was so awesome!!!! It was funny...creepy...some pop-out scary parts... and gore, lots of that. If you can't handle gore, then this isn't the movie for you. I think it's all really cool though...gross but adds to the effect. It's much better than The Order, IMO.

Funniest movie ending ever! It almost made up for the suckfest that was most of the movie. Some decent bloody scenes for a horror movie. Classic B-movie bad acting. Check. Chick with big breasts. Check. People doing stupid things normal people wouldn't do. Check. Some critics say the movie tries to be too many things at once. (I Know What You Did Last Summer meets Deliverance meets Blair Witch meets a Zombie movie meets a comedy.) I agree. It draws from many influences but fails to come up with anything original. Rating: ** (One star for the ending, and another for a decent 2nd-half of suspense.)

+ Reply to Thread