+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Christian Bale the next Batman

FORT Fogey

Christian Bale the next Batman

Oooh! Christian is a hottie, the only thing i remember him from though is American Phsyco, anyway here and article.

Christian Bale Answers Bat Signal

Christian Bale will be the next Bruce Wayne in the upcoming Batman movie, Warner Bros. Pictures announced today.

The latest of the Dark Knight's adventures is scripted by David Goyer, who also wrote big-screen adaptations for the "Blade" trilogy, and Christopher Nolan, who will also direct.

Says Nolan, "What I see in Christian is the ultimate embodiment of Bruce Wayne. He has exactly the balance of darkness and light that we were looking for."

The film will follow the early career of the Caped Crusader, which is why Warner Bros. had searched among the younger Hollywood set to find their crime-fighting star. Bale beat out fellow Batman contenders Jake Gyllenhaal, Joshua Jackson and Cillian Murphy, among others.

Jeff Robinov, president of production for Warner Bros. Pictures says, "Now that we've found the best person to play Batman, we are really looking forward to moving ahead with the rest of our casting, and are excited about the exceptional group we are assembling."

Emma Thomas will produce the film, which is expected to begin shooting in early 2004.

Bale first drew critical attention for his starring role in "Empire of the Sun." Since then, he has bolstered his resume of dark and dramatic roles by starring in "Little Women," "Portrait of a Lady," "Metroland," "American Psycho" and "Laurel Canyon."

The 29-year-old actor just wrapped "The Machinist," in which he stars as a lathe-operator who is dying of a peculiar insomnia.

Christian Bale is the new Batman. The ''American Psycho'' actor beat out competition including Joshua Jackson and Jake Gyllenhaal by Brian Hiatt
    Christian Bale will go from American psycho to American hero in the lead role of the next Batman movie, due to start filming next year. The 29-year-old is the fourth actor to wear the cape and cowl in the movies, following Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, and George Clooney. ''What I see in Christian is the ultimate embodiment of Bruce Wayne,'' director Christopher Nolan (''Memento'') said in a Warner Bros. press release. ''He has exactly the balance of darkness and light that we were looking for.''

Bale -- who will be the first British Batman -- had his first major role in Steven Spielberg's 1987 film ''Empire of the Sun.'' He built a cult following with appearances in films like 1993's ''Swing Kids,'' before breaking through to wider audience with a chilling performance in 2000's ''American Psycho.'' He first demonstrated his action-hero potential in last year's ''Reign of Fire,'' which had him frequently shedding his shirt in order to combat dragons.

Nolan and David Goyer (''Blade'') wrote the screenplay for the new ''Batman,'' which will chronicle the Caped Crusader's ''early years,'' according to the Warner Bros. press release. From that description, the film may well draw from comic book writer/artist Frank Miller's acclaimed ''Batman: Year One,'' a series that depicted a learning-on-the-job Batman protecting a Gotham City plagued by corrupt police. (Miller had been working on a screenplay adaptation of his comic book back when Darren Aronofsky [''Pi''] was attached to the new ''Batman,'' but both men left the project.) There's no word on who the movie's villain might be, but it's definitely not Catwoman -- Halle Berry's playing her as a hero in a new movie of her own.
    *source http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,4...eisnew,00.html

FORT Fan
    When Darren Aronofsky (Pi, Requiem for a Dream) wouldn't direct they got Christopher Nolan (Memento, Following)? Both those directors made very unconventional, uniquely styled movies but I'm not sure how well that will translate to something as franchised as Batman. What I'm trying to say is I'm not sure this film will play to the strengths of the directors they've considered. Maybe this means the franchise will take a new twisted direction. Or maybe the producers just want attach a director name that will pull in a less-mainstream audience.

At least Schumacher is gone.
    Tugboats and arson. That's all I ever get from you guys.

Christian Bale
    Scripted by David Goyer, who also wrote big-screen adaptations for the "Blade" trilogy
    Nice!

Father Time lol
    Quote Originally Posted by kchamber
    At least Schumacher is gone.
    Oh thank God! Schumacher's flashy style was just too much for Batman and made it tacky and fake. Not to mention Val Kilmer and George Clooney stank. I think Christian Bale is an improvement but he's definitely no Michael Keaton.

To be honest, IMHO Bale isn't a great actor but he gets the message across. I loved Equilibrium (<--- My Avatar) more because of the fight scenes than the acting, although Sean Bean has always been underrated. One good aspect about Bale is you can feel his emotion. Hopefully Batman 5 will be just the thing Bale needs to be considered an A-list actor.
    Big Brother 10 - Dan, Memphis

Quote Originally Posted by LaZy
    To be honest, IMHO Bale isn't a great actor but he gets the message across. I loved Equilibrium (<--- My Avatar) more because of the fight scenes than the acting, although Sean Bean has always been underrated. One good aspect about Bale is you can feel his emotion. Hopefully Batman 5 will be just the thing Bale needs to be considered an A-list actor.
    Oh, I enjoyed watching Equilibrium, too. The fight scenes are kick-ass.
    I've also watched Swing Kids and Reign of Fire, and thoroughly enjoyed Christian's performance. He may not be the best actor, but he's conveys the emotions of the characters beautifully, as you put it. He also has such an intense looking-gaze. I love it.

I hope Christian can resurrect the tired-old Batman movies.

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    I don't mind Christian Bale at all.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

I love him, love him, love him.

I beleive I claimed "dibs" on him a long while ago in the Hottest Mne thread in case anyone is getting any ideas

I had heard his name associated with Superman.
    I'd far rather he be Batman though.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread