I had to share...

Spade film gives comic a feeling of deja vu
By Carol Beggy & Mark Shanahan, 9/4/2003

When we heard David Spade's new movie featured washed-up child stars, we were frankly surprised that hadn't been done before. Turns out it has. Comedian Judy Tenuta's publicist called yesterday to say that "Dickie Roberts: Former Child Star" is suspiciously similar to "Desperation Blvd.," a movie Tenuta made a few years ago but couldn't get distributed. Both films include a scene of former child stars playing cards. "It's certainly startling to see two feature films with child stars playing poker," said publicist Glenn Schwartz. "It is what it is." Tenuta's movie includes Ken Osmond (Eddie Haskell), Burt Ward (Robin), the late Dana Plato (Kimberly on "Diff'rent Strokes"), and Erin Moran (Joanie Cunningham). Spade's features Barry Williams (Greg Brady), Danny Bonaduce (Danny Partridge), Leif Garrett (Leif Garrett), and Corey Feldman (Teddy Duchamp in "Stand by Me"). Schwartz said Tenuta isn't suing -- yet -- but does hope to capitalize on the interest. "Judy would rather people watch her movie than watch her on Court TV," Schwartz said. (The DVD is available at www.judytenuta.com.) Spade, who's credited as co-writer of "Dickie Roberts," has denied any knowledge of Tenuta's movie.
http://www.boston.com/news/globe/liv...ng_of_deja_vu/

So, 2 movies that show former child stars playing poker is enough to warrant outrage? Yeah, those 2 are identical, I'm sure of it.

Because everyone wants in on whatever Judy Tenuta's doing.