+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Femme Fatale - release date Nov 6th

Femme Fatale - release date Nov 6th

From tribute.ca

Cast

Rebecca Romijn-Stamos, Antonio Banderas, Peter Coyote, Gregg Henry, Rie Rasmussen, Eriq Ebouaney

Cool precision and venomous beauty entwine in the striking figure of Laure Ash (Romijn-Stamos), a woman who can only be expected to do the unexpected. A master of manipulation and guile, Laure plays a crucial role in a sultry jewel theft and then abruptly leaves her life of crime – and her bloodthirsty cohorts – behind her.

Reinvented in the guise of a respectable married woman, Laure soon captures the attention of Nicolas (Banderas), a soulful ex-paparazzo mesmerized by the elusive and enthralling adventuress. Attracted to the enigmatic Laure but serving an agenda of his own, Nicolas shatters her carefully crafted world with one shutter click of his camera.

Suddenly exposed to the world and vulnerable to her enemies, Laure is determined to use her considerable assets – and Nicolas’ voyeuristic instincts – to transform her identity and once again escape her past. But as she ensnares Nicolas in her calculated seduction, Laure finds her quest for revenge complicated by their mutual attraction.

Now that Nicolas has revealed Laure to the public, can he uncover who she really is before the inescapable threads of fate thrust them on a collision course between life, death, love and regret?

Thriller

Brian De Palma

Warner Bros. Pictures
    "That's Numberwang!"

I can't stand Antonio Banderas so I'll no doubt give this one a miss.

I did hear that De Palmer wanted Sharon Stone to star and she said she would only do it if Basic Instinct 2 didn't get the go ahead.
    I guess we can take her absence from this movie to mean it did.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Princess
    Hmmm, I usually like Brian de Palma's movies, so I'll probably see this one.

I was thinking about Brian De Palma last night actually as I watched the tv version of Carrie.
    His film might not have been as true to the book, but it was certainly far scarier.
    I guess they have to tone it down if they want a decent rating for tv though.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FrankMartin
    I like Antonio, the movie he did with Angelina Jolie "Original Sin" wasnt that bad
    But as for this one, its looks like somethin that came from the pages of the Red Shoe Diaries movies...Ahhhh this 50/50 is a wait for video title for moi

I hated Original Sin, but then I am pre-programmed not to like anything Banderas is in so I probably didn't give it a fair crack .

I saw a trailer for this when I was at the theatre last weekend, looks to be pretty appalling.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I like Antonio, but I'm not going to watch this movie. The trailers weren't that interesting to me. Oh well..I might watch it on video.

It's the sort of movie where you know the lead actress will whack her boobs out as it's such a crap movie and the director wants to retain some interest.

Rebecca Romijn-Stamos is a model, not an actress, I'm sure they could have gotten someone with some tried and tested acting ability to play her part.

As soon as movies cast people who are not actors in lead roles I lose interest, unless it's like the case of 8 Mile where Eminem is pretty much playing himself anyway.

I don't think Stamos has the ability to carry a lead role in a movie from what I've seen of her in other things.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread