+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I Can't believe I liked it....

I Can't believe I liked it....

We've all seen movies that we thought were going to be horrible. Some were, I know, but others you wound up liking...... what movies did you think you would hate, but didn't....... and why did you see them if you thought you'd hate them?

For me there are many. I will start with one we saw this weekend.
    Mr. Deeds. Yes, I admit it.... I thought it was very fun! We rented it because my son has been bugging me for a while and I finally just gave in!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    I posted this in another thread, but it's more appropriate here.

I can't believe that I liked "Dude Where's My Car" so much that I bought the dvd when it was on sale.

I know it's not exactly high-brow comedy, but it killed me! Ashton Kutcher(sp?) always plays the same guy, but I like him.

I can't believe I liked "Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring" as much as I did. It's not because it was a bad movie; it is just that I usually don't like that type of film. However, from the first moments I started watching it (on DVD...didn't see it in the theater), I loved it!

Another one I liked more than I thought I would was "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon"...

I saw Rat Race this weekend too. Anohter one I thought would be awful. I laughed a lot more than I expected too!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Cali, thank you so much for removing the crawling eye. When I tell you I had nightmares about that av I kid you not! The movie that I thought I would not like and ended up enjoying was Changing Lanes.

Princess
    OK, I have 2 that I can think of right now:
    "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" !! But then, of course I expected it to be really really bad.
    "The Man With One Red Shoe" - I usually dislikeTom Hanks' movies, but it turned out to be one of the funniest movies I had seen for a long time!

Oh Modesty, that's a great call. The Man With One Red Shoe is very funny. Could almost qualify as an off-beat movie.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I saw Death to Smoochy this weekend and it was a lot better than I expected. It had quite a few more big chuckles than I expected.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

Cali, did we actually convince you to watch Rat Race? Yay! It's one movie I couldn't believe I liked.

And Wayner, I'm almost embarrassed to admit this, but I went to see "Dude, Where's My Car?" at the THEATER! It was pretty funny, though. I love Kristy Swanson, and she played a hilarious role in that one.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Dude wheres my Car and Dumb and Dumber hold the same respected honor with my sons. I have to admit Dude is kind of funny.
    I was surprised I like XXX

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast