+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Best Action Movie!

Princess

Best Action Movie!

Been following the thread "Name the Movie", and suddenly felt a strong urge for a new "BEST" thread!

Best Action Movie! As I know we are (at least) 2 about it, I'll put this one first without further ado:
    - Die Hard

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Gah! I would have selected Die Hard as well! And I'd be willing to bet that Paulie will agree.

Great selection, Modesty!

I am going to say Towering Inferno because I just think they don't make movies like they used to. Okay so I am showing my age. So sue me. Although I did like the Jackie Chan movies I saw over the summer but I don't remember the names of the movies. Chris Rock I think was the costar and they were two police officers investigating a kidnapping of the daughter of a chinese diplomat. That was a good action movie!

I'd have to also agree with Die Hard.

Would Raider's of the Lost Ark qualify as Action?
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

For some reason, "X-Men" was the first thing that came to mind...

I'm not really into action movies, but if Clara is going for Towering Inferno (which I loved) I'm going to say The Poseidon Adventure.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Princess
    And I'd be willing to bet that Paulie will agree.
    ... it was when I read in the "Name the Movie" thread and he mentioned that Die Hard was his top pick when I felt a need for this thread
    CB - the older the better, imo! If they've been around for a while, and you still think they are good, they probably are!
    Bill - have no idea, but I think "Raiders.." probably counts as action (as well as comedy...). I think it is a great action movie anyway! (But Die Hard is better... )
    Lobeck - X-Men, dunno.... actually, I don't think I saw it, but if you say so... the more the merrier

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    I'm not really into action movies, but if Clara is going for Towering Inferno (which I loved) I'm going to say The Poseidon Adventure.
    Fluff! I always thought of The Poseidon Adventure as The Towering Inferno on a boat.

Princess
    OK - I have 3 more in my mind: what do you think about Lethal Weapon (I), Mad Max, and Alien (I)?

I also loved the Poseidon Adventure. I cried my eyes out when Shelley Winters saved the preacher and then had a massive heart attack and they told her husband. I also liked the EarthQuake movie when that came out. I guess I like disaster movies. Alive was another disaster movie that I liked. Hey -I am on the wrong thread. I thought this was the Movie Game!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast