+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Best Action Movie!

Princess
    Shamed to say - I haven't seen Spider Man. The more hype a movie gets, the more suspicious I get, but from what I read here by you, thrustworthy critcs, it sounds like it would be worth seeing?

I haven't really been following this thread, but let me clear up the IMDb "classification" question. It's there only for searching purposes. Say I wanted to see all "action" films with Bruce Willis in them. It would find Bruce Willis, and then any movie that had "Action" as part of its classification. So, they obviously need to put a movie into several different, but close, classifications, to make sure that idiots like me can find the movie we want to see.

Having a movie listed as "action/sci-fi" doesn't mean it's not an action movie, it just means that people looking under the sci-fi classification might also be interested in the movie.

I speaking of Spiderman, I watched it. It's pretty good on hindsight, but I remember after watching it thinking "this was pretty hokey".

My kids loved it, I thought it was OK. Liked it better on DVD thanI did in the theaters, but I'm a cheapo so I'f we're shelling out $50 to see a movie I had better LOVE it!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I rented "The Sum of All Fears" tonight on DVD, but haven't watched it yet. Will I be disappointed when I get around to seeing it?

Even though I think Tom Clancy is a Grade A A-hole, he writes decent Jack Ryan books.

Just so I don't accidentally understate what I think of Tom Clancy, let me just say that if his monstrously over-inflated ego were to accidentally catch a stray spark, it might endanger the human race. I think it's the explosion they filmed for this movie, in fact

Originally posted by John
    Just so I don't accidentally understate what I think of Tom Clancy, let me just say that if his monstrously over-inflated ego were to accidentally catch a stray spark, it might endanger the human race. I think it's the explosion they filmed for this movie, in fact

Clancy doesn't know anything about some of the things he spouts off on as an expert.

I spent 11 years of my life on nuclear submarines and special operations. I know that to which I speak, and at least in this area, he is less than accurate, and that would be kind phrasing.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

So, I watched "The Sum of All Fears" last night. Not a bad movie. I'd give it 4 out of 5 's. My wife didn't like it nearly as much as me, though.

DVD, on a 36" TV, is the way to go with this movie, though! It rocked!

I'm not a big Clancy fan either. Doesn't he write the same book every time?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789