+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Best Action Movie!

weird...for the record I apologized too ... I don't know where my post is though I thought it worked.
    Oh well, it's good we all agree on Lethal Weapon anyway
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    That passes the Wayner Litmus Test for Action.
    Yep. Any movie with an exploding toilet is IN, baby!

Princess
    Hmmm... Wayner, this is supposed to be a list of the creme the la creme of action movies! ...Cool - Mad Max is in

- Die Hard 1,2,3
    - The Matrix
    - Any Jackie Chan
    - XMen
    - Raiders of the Lost Ark trilogy
    - Predator
    - Aliens
    - Terminator 2: Judgement Day
    - Towering Inferno
    - The Poseidon Adventure
    - Lethal Weapon I
    - Mad Max

OK, is everyone going to stomp on me if I suggest The Replacement Killers? I have to say that I would watch The Replacement Killers ten times before I would watch nearly half of the movies you have on that list once. That's just me though. My kooky taste runs the full gamut I guess.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

Princess
    The Replacement Killers
    Another movie I obviously need to see! (My taste is kooky enough that I expect this one to be good! )

Great thread. I love all those in the least already.
    Another great movie I enjoyed is Armageddon. I can watch that movie over and over again and not get tired of it. Same with Jet LI's movie, Romeo Must Die.

Armageddon...great thought.

It was really action packed, and even though I wanted to find it cheesy, and the science and physics of it were completely unrealistic, I found myself getting into it.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Didn't care for Armageddon, but it was pretty action-packed. Personal trivia: it was the first movie we watched when I installed our new home theatre system. The only thing that kept me awake all the way through was the great sound.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Princess
    I didn't care much for Armageddon either - I suppose I don't care much for catastrophy movies , but since Bruce was in the movie it was nice to watch anyway .

(Interesting list of movies that come up when you search "armageddon" on imdb btw. Several movies, among one of them is "Prehistoric Bimbos in Armageddon City"!!??)

"Prehistoric Bimbos in Armageddon City"
    Wow! Sounds like a good one. And it was probably pretty cheap to make, too, since it sounds like they could save lots of money on wardrobes.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

+ Reply to Thread