+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Freddy Vs. Jason - 8/15

I'm on my way to see the movie. I'm betting on Freddy, but you all know if this movie makes any money there will be a part 2!

I saw the midnight showing last night, and the movie was GREAT! All horror movie fans will LOVE it!

Freddy was great, Jason was great, awesome and memorable parts, as well as a very solid storyline. GO SEE IT!
    Derek & Drew and Tian & Jaree = Best.Amazing.Race.Teams.Ever.

http://ddtjamazingrace.cjb.net

Everyone who likes horror movies should definitely check this movie out. I won't post any spoilers, but if you're a fan of either Freddy or Jason you'll LOVE it!!

FORT Fan
    Can someone explain to me how Jason became as big a cultural icon as Freddy? For me they shouldn't even come close. Freddy's one of the most original and terrifying movie monsters ever. Jason's a generic, plodding, Michael Myers wannabe.
    Tugboats and arson. That's all I ever get from you guys.

My brother in law saw this, and said it was the best horror movie he'd ever seen. And that's something coming from him!

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    I can't wait to see this movie!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kchamber
    Freddy's one of the most original and terrifying movie monsters ever. Jason's a generic, plodding, Michael Myers wannabe.
    Freddy was original, but terrifying??? I loved the Nightmare movies, but not because they were scary. I loved to hear what Freddy would say next. He was hilarious to me, and not the least bit scary.

Jason had his own issues, but the Friday 13th movies scared me just a little bit more than Freddy.

Now Michael Myers... it was a long time before I could watch an entire Halloween movie.
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

Freddy was terrifying in the first movie, maybe even the second. He later became a caricature of himself, and the horror was pretty much gone.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kchamber
    Can someone explain to me how Jason became as big a cultural icon as Freddy? For me they shouldn't even come close. Freddy's one of the most original and terrifying movie monsters ever. Jason's a generic, plodding, Michael Myers wannabe.
    it's all about the hockey mask! Freddy has wit and that knife glove thing- Jason has the hockey mask- it's mysterious and creepy!
    I grew up going to summer camp in the late 70's and early 80's- and the F 13th movies scared the beejesus out of me b/c i could relate to the settings (not to mention that there was a crystal lake about 20 miles from our camp).

I think to be a horror icon- you need a niche- hence the gove knife thing and the hockey mask- which is where MM falls short- he doesnt have anything that is memorable... even the Scream movies had that weird mask that was sort of a niche...

I think it's unfair to even try to compare Freddy to Jason... it's like comparing Nascar to F1 racing. Just enjoy them both...

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by QuinntheEskimo
    I think it's unfair to even try to compare Freddy to Jason... it's like comparing Nascar to F1 racing. Just enjoy them both...
    A year ago I'd agree, but since they're costarring in the same movie I think this is the perfect time to compare.

Quote Originally Posted by QuinntheEskimo
    it's all about the hockey mask!...it's mysterious and creepy! ... even the Scream movies had that weird mask that was sort of a niche...
    The hockey mask seemed silly to me. It's not even original - Michael Myers had a mask of his own. I always thought of Scream's costume as a mild parody of these slasher outfits - hide the killer behind an easy-to-remember white mask (any will do) and you've got the next franchise bad guy.

I thought Freddy's burned face and evil stare was pretty scary when I was young. The knives on his hand gave me nightmares. And best of all, the nature of Freddy preying on his victim's dreams makes even the nightmares worse. Paulie's right about Freddy Kruger becoming a caricature later in the series. You can't really stay frightened of a guy who gets beaten in seven different movies (and I don't even know how FvJ ends yet.) Since both Freddy's and Jason's character have been played out to death (and back...several times) I'm suprised this movie appeals to anyone but hardcore slasher fans.
    Tugboats and arson. That's all I ever get from you guys.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    the hubby and i saw it when it opened...oh my god...it had to be one of the damn funniest movies ive seen in a long time...The lines were great!!!!!!!! If your a child of the 80's you gotta see..
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast