+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freaky Friday - 08/08

Freaky Friday - 08/06

[IMG]images/img/friday.jpg[/IMG]

Freaky Friday (2003)
    Synopsis: Dr. Tess Coleman and her fifteen-year-old daughter, Anna, are not getting along. They don't see eye-to-eye on clothes, hair, music and certainly not in each other's taste in men. One Thursday evening, their disagreements reach a fever pitch--Anna is incensed that her mother doesn't support her musical aspirations and Tess, a widow about to remarry, can't see why Anna won't give her fiance a break. Everything soon changes when two identical Chinese fortune cookies cause a little mystic mayhem. On the next morning, their Friday gets freaky when Tess and Anna find themselves inside the other's body. As they literally walk a mile in each other's shoes, they gain a little newfound respect for each other's point of view. But with Tess' wedding coming on Saturday, the two have to find a way to switch back (and fast)

Statistics
    Genre(s): Comedy, Family, Remake Rating: MPAA PG: for mild thematic elements and some language. Runtime: 93 mins. Theatrical release:08/06/2003

Cast & Role
    Jamie Lee Curtis - Tess Coleman
    Lindsay Lohan - Annabell 'Anna' Coleman
    Mark Harmon - Ryan
    Harold Gould - Grandpa
    Chad Michael Murray - Jake
    Stephen Tobolowsky - Mr Bates

Crew & Credit
    Mark S Waters - Director
    Andrew Gunn - Producer

How many times has this storyline been done? Too many if you ask me.

If it wasn't funny the first 10 times, why would it be funny this time? Uck.

It has received great reviews but I'm not tempted to go see it. At all.

FORT Fan
    Every review I've seen for this movie has been good, but my interest level is still low. It's like someone did one of those paint-by-numbers pictures, and they say it turned out well, and they expect me to be impressed. I'm sure it's nice to look at, but what's the point?
    Tugboats and arson. That's all I ever get from you guys.

The Lost Prophet CashMoneySoviet's Avatar
    My friend, who is a girl, saw it and said it was great.

Yeah, i know people who have seen it and said it was good, but i too think this has been done 9 too many times.... COME ON JAMIE LEE! Oh, and as a side note: This newfound "it's cool to be an alternative/punk girl or boy" attitude these movies are shoveling may be cool to the popular kids who have suddenly changed their minds since people told them it was cool... But to the real alternative crowd, it sheds even more light on how shallow mainstream is

i really liked this movie (but i am young and havnt seen amy of the body switching movies)

***/****

My daughters saw it and loved it (ages 11 and 8) of course they haven't seen any body switching films before either.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    It's been done so many times, the Fred Savage's version was quite hilarious. This one I am going to miss.

However, my friend was totally drooling over Chad Michael Murray.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast