+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Summer Movie Grades

A- = Bad Boys 2 (Much better than I thought)
    B+ = 2 Fast 2 Furious (Better than I thought)
    B+ = The Italian Job (Very good, must see again on DVD)
    B = Pirates of the Caribbean (Johnny Depp stole the show)
    B = American Wedding (Much better than the 2nd one)
    B = Bruce Almighty (The scene with Bruce mimicing the newscaster had me in tears)
    B = Once Upon a Time in Mexico (Wasn't as good as Desperado and Robert seemed to be piling up the too fantastic to be believable scenes)
    B- = Finding Nemo (Maybe a little too scary for kids under 7)
    B- = The Rundown (Some spectacular stunts and funny parts, but the movie was uneven and even boring in parts. The Rock, rocks!)
    C+ = S.W.A.T. (Nice action, but they wrote it as campy and that's fine for Charlie's Angels, but this should be serious).
    C+ = Kangaroo Jack (Don't remember too much about it, but it was funny)
    C = Freddy vs. Jason - (It was okay, but it was missing much of the Freddy humor from the 80's - lots of gore)
    C- =Terminator 3 : Rise of the Machines (Disappointed, but T2 is my favorite movie of all time)
    C- = Charlies Angels : Full Throttle (Too over the top, the first one is better)
    C- = Spy Kids 3D : Game Over (3D effects were pretty good, but the story was not).
    D+ = Underworld (Pretty ridiculous movie and boring in parts)
    D+ =The Matrix Reloaded (Give the director's too much money and they go and screw things up)
    D+ = Lara Croft Tomb Raider (She's too cold a character to care about)
    D = 28 Days Later (Heard good reviews, boy were they wrong. Reminds me of Blair Witch Project, low budget, a lot of hype, good reviews, piece of crap)

Updated to add The Rundown

Chris

28 Days Later - A-...great Romero-esque atmosphere, even better Golding-esque theme...people are inherently evil...beautiful cinematography, very believable performances, Cillian Murphy is hot, Godspeed You Black Emperor rules

The Matrix: Reloaded - B-...not really terribly entertaining in any conventional way...added fights scenes just to keep everyone awake...the beauty of the film is that it's like a chapter out of a philosophy book..it's about determinism..great for philosophy students, not so great for anyone else...

A- = Bad Boys 2 (Much better than I thought)
    B+ = 2 Fast 2 Furious (Better than I thought)
    B+ = The Italian Job (Very good, must see again on DVD)
    B = Pirates of the Caribbean (Johnny Depp stole the show)
    B = American Wedding (Much better than the 2nd one)
    B = Bruce Almighty (The scene with Bruce mimicing the newscaster had me in tears)
    B = Once Upon a Time in Mexico (Wasn't as good as Desperado and Robert seemed to be piling up the too fantastic to be believable scenes)
    B- = Finding Nemo (Maybe a little too scary for kids under 7)
    B- = The Rundown (Some spectacular stunts and funny parts, but the movie was uneven and even boring in parts. The Rock, rocks!)
    C+ = S.W.A.T. (Nice action, but they wrote it as campy and that's fine for Charlie's Angels, but this should be serious).
    C+ = Kangaroo Jack (Don't remember too much about it, but it was funny)
    C = Freddy vs. Jason - (It was okay, but it was missing much of the Freddy humor from the 80's - lots of gore)
    C- =Terminator 3 : Rise of the Machines (Disappointed, but T2 is my favorite movie of all time)
    C- = Charlies Angels : Full Throttle (Too over the top, the first one is better)
    C- = Spy Kids 3D : Game Over (3D effects were pretty good, but the story was not).
    C- = The Matrix Revolutions (Only slightly better than the 2nd one. It's just way over the top with regards to marital arts fighting & fighting against the machines. Glad it's over)
    D+ = Underworld (Pretty ridiculous movie and boring in parts)
    D+ =The Matrix Reloaded (Give the director's too much money and they go and screw things up)
    D+ = Lara Croft Tomb Raider (She's too cold a character to care about)
    D = 28 Days Later (Heard good reviews, boy were they wrong. Reminds me of Blair Witch Project, low budget, a lot of hype, good reviews, piece of crap)

Updated to add The Matrix Revolutions

Chris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123