+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the BEST offbeat film of all time?

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Lobeck, Memento freaked me out (and I listed it as one of my favorite "sleeper films" in the movie game thread).

I almost wish I would have watched it twice now! What an original movie.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

BF, we have the DVD, and every time we watch it, we find another "clue" or something. You should have seen us the first time we watched it. Joey and I were both like, "WTF is this???"

I haven't seen it yet, but I really want to. If we ever watch another movie again, that'll be the one.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I had to watch it myself because Mr. B is not a big movie fan! What a freaky movie to see alone (at least it was in my house!)
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I don't know why, Paulie, but I get the feeling you'd really like "Memento". But, whaddya mean "If we ever watch another movie again"...?

agentcarver
    - Brazil
    - Airplane
    - Clue
    - Rat Race
    - Eating Raoul
    - Blue Velvet
    - Being John Malkovich
    - Polyester
    - Soylent Green
    - Memento

Let's keep adding!

How about

ANGEL HEART with Lisa Bonet and Mickey Rourke
    RandysMom
    Don't Dream It....BE IT

We can never seem to prioritize time to watch movies anymore, Lobeck. I've got a great home theatre setup, but once all three kids are in bed, we mostly just scurry through all the evening chores and then my wife goes to bed and I stay up till 3:30AM writing Survivor precaps.

Pretty much the only day we could watch a movie at all is Saturday night, and it seems like we always have something going. I love, love, LOVE movies, but I haven't seen one in something like six months (basically, since my youngest was born).

I know I'd love Memento, too. That's been on the top of our list since it came out on video. We even were planning to go see it in the theatre, but it blew out of Fort Collins before we had a chance to see it. Argh!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Originally posted by John
    Oh man, some good ones here. Rat Race, Time Bandits, Remo Williams, 8 Heads in a Duffel Bag...All good movies.

I've always liked "Better Off Dead", and that's the ultimate in offbeat movies.
    John,

I love Better Off Dead, a great, great movie.

I also liked Eight Heads in a Duffle Bag...the scene where they dump the mother in law out of the van is just a riot.

Another good off-beat film is The Big Lebowski
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Princess
    Another good off-beat film is The Big Lebowski
    I had forgotten about that one - I really liked it too!!

Did anyone watch Barfly? I think that one was pretty good as well. (At least Mickey O'Rourke is cute )

+ Reply to Thread