+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: American Wedding - 08/01

American Wedding was the 2nd best of the trilogy, the first movie being the best (ain't that usually the case?). That being said, this movie deserves it's R rating and much more. But we all know that many people under 17 will see this movie, especially when it comes out on DVD.

I work with the brother of Thomas Ian Nicholas, who plays Kevin, and got to meet him about 4 years ago when he came into the office. I actually had a chance to go to the world premiere of American Wedding, but my friend didn't have my cell phone # to call and tell me he had 2 extra tickets. I was busy anyways, oh well. But they went to the after parties and were out till 4 am. My friend didn't get in until after lunch

The one actor who has most benefitted most from these movies is Seann William Scott, who plays Stifler. He's got that look and acting ability, where he can go from acting goofy and crass, to being a mass murderer who tells jokes while he's slashing people (kinda like Freddy Kreuger). I've been seeing the previews for The Rundown, with him and The Rock and they look pretty good. The action sequences are incredible.

All in all, American Wedding is completing the trilogy on a strong note. I hope they don't, but they will probably do an American Pie High School 10 Year Reunion movie in 2009. Boy that oughta be fun!

On a side note, AMC Theaters where I saw this movie, put up a blurb before the movie saying that they are carding anyone under 25 for an R rated movie? That seems like a waste of time. When I was watching 28 Days Later (which is at least an R), these 3 young kids (11-13?) come in by themselves and starting watching the movie, with all of it's full frontal nudity, bad language and gore. But they were smart, they got up and left in the middle of the movie, when they found out how much a piece of crap the movie was.

Chris

I saw it tonight and LOVED it!
    I have to tell this story: I was sitting beside a man that let's just say, was over 60 years old and he was with his wife. He sits down and starts chatting with me about how this movie could encourage me to get married!! I replied, "on the contrary" with my friend laughing hysterically beside me. About halfway the movie, he taps me on the shoulder and asks me if I find the movie funny. At that time, for people who saw it, Stiffler was doing some gestures behind Michelle's mom. 10 minutes later, he got up and never returned. His wife stayed though, and she was laughing very hard, especially at the scene involving the grandma and Stiffler...
    And in the theater, there was a kid I swear was no more than 10 years old. Logic please???

Quote Originally Posted by Silverstar
    And in the theater, there was a kid I swear was no more than 10 years old. Logic please???
    He's a soon to be, real life version of Stifler!

Chris

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpayroll
    He's a soon to be, real life version of Stifler!

Chris
    It's Stiffler's little bro. "Hey baby... this is the Stiffmeister."
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

I saw the movie, but I didn't think it was as good as the others. I did in enjoy the "grandmother" scene. That was a classic Stiffler moment.

I had only seen the Fox version of the first one.

But I had rented the second one because a classmate of mine was in it (although he was a typical snot of a person). He was the kid at band camp who kinda acted like Michelle.

Then I saw the third one: I laughed, I cried, I almost threw up. Thats all you need to know.

I saw this about a week ago. This is the funniest one by far!!! I laughed so hard...I almost barfed...it was just awesome!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12