+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Seabiscuit - 07/25

i loved this movie it is the 2nd best of the year (its followed by nemo)

i have never left a theater feeling soo happy

/

All right, I heard a myriad of people raving about how wonderful this movie was, so I finally got out and saw it, to see what all the fuss was about. The preview didn't grab me, so I had some mixed feelings going in (as you can see from above commentary), but now I'm forced to eat my words, because it was indeed a fabulous movie! :eat

Everything about this film was utterly uplifting. Great messages were spread throughout, playing out finer aspects of human nature before your very eyes as the characters dealt with the consequences of their choices--just as everyone must do in their daily lives. The characters perservere when things get tough, and later reap the rewards as they each find purpose in their fragmented lives.

Also, this movie hits the mark on more accounts than the message. The acting was absolutely superb, to the point that you forgot you were watching a movie in a theater. Jeff Bridges and Chris Cooper, especially, put on amazing performances. William H. Macy was hilarious as a silver-tongued radio jock as well. The cinematography of the film unfurls with exhilarating race sequences and beautiful location shots. Every shot seems to have an air of distinguishment, heightened by the 40s-era film reels spread throughout.

So, in the end, this movie was an absolute delight, and my girlfriend & I enjoyed it immensely. The acting, directing, and filming of it was pure art, and the message of second chances and perserverance was uplifting and inspiring. Much more than just a horse, jockey, trainer, and automobile entrepreneur-come-owner. Without a doubt, Seabiscuit is one of the best movies of the summer.

Spiffy quote from movie: "You don't throw a whole life away just because he's banged up a little." - Tom (Chris Cooper)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123