+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban **SPOILER PHOTOS**

Am still sad that they cast Gary Oldman as Sirius, one of my favourite characters. . No knock on Oldman, who's a fine actor - but he's not the Sirius I fell in love with. Where are those haunted, hooded eyes? Where is that reckless demeanour that hints at old swagger and arrogance? Is there any indication in Oldman's face of Sirius' wasted brilliance and dashing good looks?

He is going to be an imposter of book-Sirius, I just know it.

nausicaa. I would have preferred, say, Alan Rickman if he weren't otherwise occupied

Who would you have picked? (Besides Daniel ) I was thinking a scruffy Richard Gere (just looks; I would dread to hear his british accent!) or maybe even Rupert Everett . . .
    If God is a DJ--life is a dance floor
    Click here to team up with FansOfRealityTV to help fight cancer!
    Watashi wa, sekai wo kaeru.

Here's another picture of Sirius.

Hmm, that's a little better! I think he should be a little more brooding, but maybe it's just the still.
    If God is a DJ--life is a dance floor
    Click here to team up with FansOfRealityTV to help fight cancer!
    Watashi wa, sekai wo kaeru.

Quote Originally Posted by chirospasm
    nausicaa. I would have preferred, say, Alan Rickman if he weren't otherwise occupied

Who would you have picked? (Besides Daniel ) I was thinking a scruffy Richard Gere (just looks; I would dread to hear his british accent!) or maybe even Rupert Everett . . .
    Chirospasm, I was thinking that Christian Bale would be do-able.

And Alan Rickman is the puuurrr-fect Snape, oh oui!

Didn't care for the way they did this movie. They changed too many things from the book to the movie. I like the kids, great to see how ALL the kids have grown. I think the actor who plays Neville has had the most change, he's gone from pudgy boy to slender teen.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Christain Bale would have been perfect! Gary Oldman just looked icky. Christain bale AND Alan Rickman? I would've been a happier customer

In my opinion, the first two Harry Potter movies transcended generations.... enjoyable for children and adults alike. I saw Azkaban the weekend it came out and was thoroughly disappointed. Moreover, I don't see how any little kid will enjoy this movie at all. It was too hard to understand. Upon further thought, I don't even really see how some adults will enjoy it without reading the books. I know it is getting critical praise, but that doesn't fool me these days. After all, Lost in Translation was up for friggin Academy awards... Did you see that travesty of a movie? Only because Crappalla... err.. I mean Coppola was the director, but I digress

~FO SCHIZZLE ALL THE WAY~ SwiffyPortillo's Avatar
    I thought that they left a lot of stuff out. Like they didn't talk much about Padfoot, Prongs, Wormtail and Moony except like a minute or two of the film. They also put some stuff out of order. Harry got his broom in the middle of the book, but in the movie he got it at the very end.

Overall though, a good movie.
    "Greg talks into a coconut and thinks it's a phone,"- Colleen Haskell, 'SURVIVOR: BORNEO'.

Leia-Jakita-Arendt OnMyLunchBreak's Avatar
    I haven't read the books so I don't know how much weight my opinion can carry but...

I REALLY REALLY enjoyed this installment...much more than the first two. It was tight, clean, quick and fun. I'm sure that if I had read the books I'd be up in arms with the rest but as a movie it was totally enjoyable and well done. I was amazed at what good actors Daniel, Emma and Rupert are becoming. I'm already looking forward to No. 4!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast