+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban **SPOILER PHOTOS**

I'm not happy about Gary Oldman--I was really hoping for Daniel Day-Lewis.

I'm 0 for 2--I wanted Robin Williams for the new Dumbledore. Don't throw any rocks till you think about that one--aged up, with the quiet, suppressed personality he showes in movies like Good Will Hunting/Awakenings, but still that little sparkle in his eyes...

Okay, throw the rocks....now!

"Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

Spegs...I had my misgivings about Oldman, too, but I think he looks okay here. Daniel Day Lewis would have been excellent, though. Although, I have to say that I was really hoping for a smoldering heartthrob. In the books, Sirius is described as quite handsome in the old wedding photos. It would have been great to see him played by a scruffed up hottie. I can't think of anyone off the top of my head, but someone with a square jaw line, dark, dark, hair...classic features...hmmm...

Robin Williams was great in One Hour Photo, too.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Hey, Shazz, I resent that remark! Sure, Daniel-Day Lewis may have shorn his lovely locks and acquired a few more wrinkles (which, IMO, would only make him appear more like the Sirius after the Dementors were through with him), but he is still a *damn* fine man.

And how can you even say he's not a heartthrob? *sob* Look at this pic of him. Perfect young Sirius right here. Wouldn't *this* vision look great in all those flashback sequences?

Dark curly hair, thick brows, hooded eyes that nevertheless pierce you with their enigmatic depths, chiseled nose, luscious mouth, strong manly jaw...

Edited to add: sorry, had to link that pic. I know I'm off topic, but...damn the consequences! Anything for Mr. Lewis!
    Last edited by nausicaa; 10-20-2003 at 07:26 PM.

More DDL
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

Quote Originally Posted by spegs
    Okay, throw the rocks....now!
    *plunk*

Robin Williams?!? Eugh. Don't like him. Nuh-uh. *shakes head wildly*

*plunk*
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Daniel-Day Lewis would be a much better choice for Sirius, though, I agree. He's supposed to be a dissipated stud, not just a creepy-looking dude like Oldman.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

IMO, Dumbledore should have been either Michael Caine or Peter O'Toole. Piercing wisdom tempered by wry humour and a sort of brooding quality. Either actor would have been able to add a whole new dimension to Dumbledore's character. Plus, you wouldn't have to worry about bad British accents. The former has a brash Cockney and the latter a true-blue Eton-Oxford.

Of course, it's also possible they would have upstaged everyone else.

Like Kenneth Branagh did as Lockhart.
    Last edited by nausicaa; 10-21-2003 at 05:12 PM.

Alright, people. I have to step up and defend Mr. Oldman and say that I think he is dead sexy. Not to turn this into the Hottest Men thread or anything, but I adore Gary Oldman and think he will make a great Sirius. And he is not always freakish-looking, he is just a fabulous actor - a man of many faces...

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    *plunk*

Robin Williams?!? Eugh. Don't like him. Nuh-uh. *shakes head wildly*

*plunk*

OUCH! OUCH!

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave
    Alright, people. I have to step up and defend Mr. Oldman and say that I think he is dead sexy. Not to turn this into the Hottest Men thread or anything, but I adore Gary Oldman and think he will make a great Sirius. And he is not always freakish-looking, he is just a fabulous actor - a man of many faces...
    Sorry OneTVslave! Had no idea you were a closeted Oldman fan! I'm anxious to see the movie and see how everyone does!
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast