+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Favorite 80's movies

Quote Originally Posted by Wilde
    Big is the best movie ever...I still want one of those keyboards you can dance on.

That's one of my favorite movies

What was that one with Corey Feldman and River Phoenix when they were really young...the Time of Our Lives or something? That was a good movie too.
    It was Stand By Me. I'm surprised no one has mentioned that one yet. It's hard for me to pick an absolute favorite 80's movie, but that's definately in my top 3.

Some of my other favs are:
    Flashdance
    Footloose
    Fame
    Dirty Dancing
    The Goonies
    The Breakfast Club
    Sixteen Candles
    Ferris Bueller's Day Off
    Back to the Future
    Top Gun
    Rain Man
    Heathers
    E.T.
    Airplane
    Caddyshack
    Adventures in Babysitting(I don't think anyone mentioned this one yet, I think it was around '86, I could be wrong. Maybe I was the only dork that saw it, or the only one that actually liked it. I watched it all the time when I was little, I still watch it every time it comes on "Take it back! Take back what you said about Thor!" It's a classic)
    Val

"Well time slips away/And leaves you with nothin' Mister/But boring stories of/Glory Days, Well they'll pass you by/Glory Days, In the wink of a young girl's eye/Glory Days, Glory Days..."~The Boss

" Someone once said that dancers work just as hard as policeman, always alert, always tense, but see, policeman don't have to be beautiful at the same time." ~George Balanchine

"Great dancers are not great because of their technique; they are great because of their passion." ~Martha Graham

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by chrldr1818
    Adventures in Babysitting(I don't think anyone mentioned this one yet, I think it was around '86, I could be wrong. Maybe I was the only dork that saw it, or the only one that actually liked it. I watched it all the time when I was little, I still watch it every time it comes on "Take it back! Take back what you said about Thor!" It's a classic)

You are so not alone. I loved this movie. Haven't seen it repeated lately though. Well, if it has been repeated I didn't know about it.

Also, according to the IMDB , Adventures in Babysitting came out in 1987.

I find myself saying this whenever possible: "Have fun stormin' the castle!" (but you have to screech like Carol Kane) from The Princess Bride. I like the looks I get.

I didn't see anyone mention Blade Runner. In sort of the same vein, Brazil. Are your ducts old and out of style? And how about Arnold Schwartzenegger IS....The Running Man. No, not for governor of California. He runs around in a sadistic reality TV show. Lots of great Ahnold lines, like after sawing a biker in half with a chainsaw: "He had to split."
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

When Harry Met Sally...but that is just my favorite movie of any decade

Also loved Valley Girl, Big Chill, Princess Bride.

Plus Caddyshack....clearly one of the greatest movies of all time.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Quote Originally Posted by Wilde
    Big is the best movie ever...I still want one of those keyboards you can dance on.

I can't get enough of Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles and St. Elmo's - if they are on I will watch them.

What was that one with Corey Feldman and River Phoenix when they were really young...the Time of Our Lives or something? That was a good movie too.
    It was called "Stand by Me" Based on a Novella by Stephen King called "The Body" it's one of my fav's

Best Line: "Yeah, what the f*ck is Goofy?"
    "If you don't believe there's a price for this sweet paradise, just remind me to show you the scars" ~ Bob Dylan 'Where are you tonight?'

The Last Starfighter and Wargames.

Now, I'm a computer technician who likes to play PC games.

My childhood--and the entertainment from that period--didn't influence my adult life. At all.

No. Really.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Ghost
    Mission
    Untouchables (Kevin Costner was so hot in the 80s)

My list of totally bodacious 80's movies--

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles
    Better Off Dead
    The Shining
    Crocodile Dundee
    Indiana Jones--Raiders of the Lost Ark
    Ferris Bueller's Day Off
    National Lampoon's Vacation
    Back to the Future
    Top Gun
    Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
    The Terminator
    E.T.
    The Princess Bride
    The Three Amigos
    Fletch
    Stripes
    Airplane
    Ghostbusters
    Nightmare on Elm Street
    Die Hard
    Field of Dreams

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    The 80's movies rocked! I made sure I watch the movies since I'm born in the 80's itself.

Sixteen Candles!
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

I watched The Goonies a week or so ago for the 10th or so time. I think I'm gonna have to buy that one. It rocks!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast